SiouxSports.com Forum

San Diego @ UND 9/21/24

SiouxFan100

2 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Enough of the radio guys harping on San Diego having a lot of upperclassmen. That doesn't change the fact that this is a non-scholarship team that shouldn't be close to us on the scoreboard, let alone be in the league.

Maybe they have alot of good football players that would prefer to live in San Diego over Grand Forks. 

• Downvote 1

I will try not be too critical, but if we cannot be more effective with the pass. Good teams will load the box and not worry about the pass game, because their corners will be more athletic than what we have seen so far this year. 

Danny with Tommy was effective enough with the pass that kept teams from loading up the box because even on 3rd and 3 teams knew we could still pass the the first.

On the positive, I like the twisting we are doing in defense, San Diego has beef and bull rushing beef is not a good recipe. 

Lastly the players (or coaches) have to play to win the game. We look like we are and playing not to lose. 

Defense will be fine this game.. offense is the much bigger concern.  Complete lack of any respect by SD for our passing game.  The box is loaded every down.  If SD sees it so does every other team. 

if they are going to stick with romfo we should run the triple option or the veer. 

luckily our RBs are so good that they can still break it given a little daylight. 

All of these other teams play multiple qbs the first few games of the year.  For some reason we pick one and stick with that qb even when it was a close race in fall camp.. I’ll never understand our unwillingness to try out someone else.  The current situation screams for getting the backup a little time just to see. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Jerry will never see the field for anything other than a kneel down.

If Romfo is the starter for the entire year I find it extremely difficult to believe UND will have a good season (meaning making the playoffs and actually winning a game or more). Another lost season, Jerry will transfer, and Romfo will start again next year. Inspiring to all fans. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1