SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 Non-UND FCS Thread

The Sicatoka

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

At the risk of repeating myself, define whoop. I see sdsu winning, but I see a 10–14 point win. I don’t see that as a whooping or being “exposed”.

I see 3-4 TD win for the Jacks and over 40 points as the Bison defense can't get off the field.   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, siouxweet said:

I see 3-4 TD win for the Jacks and over 40 points as the Bison defense can't get off the field.   

I see more of a 34-24 win for the Jacks.

I don’t think SDSU is as strong as they’ve been either this year. 

Either way, losing to the #1 team in the country isn’t being “exposed”. Being exposed would be losing by double digits to a team much lower than you in the polls. 

22 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Either way, losing to the #1 team in the country isn’t being “exposed”. Being exposed would be losing by double digits to a team much lower than you in the polls. 

Exposed is what happened to the f’n hawks in Fargo. That’s not gonna happen against the jacks. I’d like it to but it won’t.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

The "exposed " reference is to that they should not longer be viewed as a title contender anymore as the junior varsity defense and one man offense is what we thought they were-awful.  Looking good against two very bad teams and one average team the last three weeks doesn't mean you are good.  Losing AT HOME by 10-14 against the number 1 team signifies there is a huge gap there. 

10 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

The "exposed " reference is to that they should not longer be viewed as a title contender anymore as the junior varsity defense and one man offense is what we thought they were-awful.  Looking good against two very bad teams and one average team the last three weeks doesn't mean you are good.  Losing AT HOME by 10-14 against the number 1 team signifies there is a huge gap there. 

There are about 5 good teams in the FCS anymore and NDSU is one of them. All five of those teams are title contenders with sdsu being the favorite 

2 hours ago, Bison06 said:

There are about 5 good teams in the FCS anymore and NDSU is one of them. All five of those teams are title contenders with sdsu being the favorite 

FCS is becoming what D2 became no question.   However a good team doesn't squeek by against a team with a backup freshman qb making his first start.  If SIU had a legit qb that game is totally different yesterday. That game was a heck of a lot closer than the final score of 24-3 would indicate.   

1 hour ago, siouxweet said:

FCS is becoming what D2 became no question.   However a good team doesn't squeek by against a team with a backup freshman qb making his first start.  If SIU had a legit qb that game is totally different yesterday. That game was a heck of a lot closer than the final score of 24-3 would indicate.   

So in one post you say a 21 point win at the opponent’s stadium is a team being exposed and it’s a blowout and in the next one you say a 24-3 point win was closer than it would indicate. Sounds to me you change the rules based on whether or not NDSU is involved.

4 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

So in one post you say a 21 point win at the opponent’s stadium is a team being exposed and it’s a blowout and in the next one you say a 24-3 point win was closer than it would indicate. Sounds to me you change the rules based on whether or not NDSU is involved.

If NDSU was good they would have beaten a team with a freshman back up qb by 40 yesterday.

5 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

If NDSU was good they would have beaten a team with a freshman back up qb by 40 yesterday.

If you say so…

If you think all of the polls are wrong, where’s your website with your expert analysis and poll to show your expertise?

1 minute ago, SiouxFan100 said:

You are falling for it

This is his schtick?

I guess I did fall for it then. Makes sense that his posts are satire now that I read back. No serious person could have their pride hit with such awful takes and then come back for more

18 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

This is his schtick?

I guess I did fall for it then. Makes sense that his posts are satire now that I read back. No serious person could have their pride hit with such awful takes and then come back for more

My point I have been trying to make is NDSU is only ranked number 2 because of their history.  It can't be what has been done on the field because they have not played or beaten anyone.  They have played an average P5 school, a bunch of .500 teams and one that has put up gawdy numbers because of a schedule consisting of dog sh!@ teams including a non scholarship one.

3 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

My point I have been trying to make is NDSU is only ranked number 2 because of their history.  It can't be what has been done on the field because they have not played or beaten anyone.  They have played an average P5 school, a bunch of .500 teams and one that has put up gawdy numbers because of a schedule consisting of dog sh!@ teams including a non scholarship one.

And my point is the entire FCS is trash outside of a few teams, so there isn’t anyone for them to play to prove they are good. As the old saying goes, you can only beat the teams on your schedule.

17 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Against a freshman QB shouldn't bother NDSU; they had that game well in hand.

The poor showing v ETSU, and when will it happen again, should be the NDSU concern. 

If I was you I'd worry about your team more.  

14 minutes ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

4-1 vs FCS only loss to NDSU = bubble team? Ok. 

I would assume they are basing their thoughts on projecting UND at least 2 more losses through the rest of the year.