SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2024-25

cberkas

16 hours ago, cberkas said:

I like the idea, now if it continues yearly instead of every so often. 

Also, the Army/Navy football game is town days after the NCAA hockey game. Not a bad week if in DC at that time. 

On 7/28/2024 at 9:41 AM, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Limiting the roster size is not a good change.

After seeing what people are saying (someone on GPL did a good breakdown of it) I don't expect everyone to do this. So, from my understanding 13 schools basically have to do this (Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Penn State, Arizona State, BC, BGSU, Miami, Western Michigan, and UMass). Not sure if Air Force or Army have to do this being service academies in FBS. I expect North Dakota, Denver, and Omaha to also do this, but would the D2 and D3 schools also do it. I do think Connelly is making a bigger deal out of it than it should be, when next season with all the COVID exempt players gone.

Will UND move from 18 to 26 scholarships.  I assume they will.  Are they going to add - woman basketball, softball and volleyball scholarships to meet this change to support Title IX.

17 minutes ago, FSSD said:

Will UND move from 18 to 26 scholarships.  I assume they will.  Are they going to add - woman basketball, softball and volleyball scholarships to meet this change to support Title IX.

Isn't it if you do it for one you do it for all?