SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota Athletics Town Hall: May 7, 2024

26 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

They wanted to appeal to the casual fan by making them have to watch the game from the parking lot? 

thats what i got out of that ....interesting take

11 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Answer was they think it is fine as is.

Goal song was asked if it would changed, maybe to the school song. They did they do both. A short snip of Chelsea Dagger right into the school song. Best of both. Were open to other ideas for songs or goal horn. 

9 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

what does that even mean

North bleachers were done as is because now they can retract them to the wall within minutes and open the practice court up instead of the previous temporary ones that took significant time to move. They can have double the room on short turnaround. Said they wish it could be closer but that tradeoff for more practice space is why they did it. 

North end was done to try to appeal to more casual/younger fan. Admitted still work to do, ideas didn't work as well as planned and are looking at changes to improve on last year. 

7 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Goal song was asked if it would changed, maybe to the school song. They did they do both. A short skip of Chelsea Dagger right into the school song. Best of both. Were open to other ideas for songs or goal horn.

I am fine with the current goal song/school song combo. Lot more important issues than that.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Closing: People in front office are just as passionate and want to win just as much as fans do.

They don't like losing either.

Then what changes or plans for the future are being made other than extending Bubba?

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

How can that be? This is 2024! 

Oh. Wait. There's still some courtesy and cordial demeanor left, mainly in North Dakota. 

Just passed through the state, what I heard on the radio was far from courteous and cordial. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, CMSioux said:

Just passed through the state, what I heard on the radio was far from courteous and cordial. 

Absolutely!  “Come to ND, we are nice (Conditions and terms apply).”

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Radio? Local host or national syndicated program. 

2 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Ego’s die hard…. Eric not admitting they were wrong doesn’t surprise me one bit

First year was not what they expected. Pretty sure it was sold out for every game last year even if the seats were empty. While I would prefer the catwalk back, tough to argue when they are pulling that kind of extra revenue. And guessing the Alerus Center isn't pushing for any change there either as they use it for concerts.

9 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Local political ads.

Humanity is doomed if you are judging all people based on political advertisements.  

Lots of good people out there

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, homer said:

Humanity is doomed if you are judging all people based on political advertisements.  

Lots of good people out there

There are more good than bad people.

It's just that the bad get more attention; thus, it seems like there are more of them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

@fightingsioux4life thank you for attending and "post-casting" the play by play. 

Was there a live stream? A replay? 

One of the messages was that this Town Hall would be on the various platforms so the fans that weren't there could view it. X and the UND athletics page would probably be a good place to find this information. I thought it was odd that they didn't or wouldn't discuss contracts of coaches because of the HR rules. I guess, that makes sense. 

17 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Questions about Midco and television coverage.

Midco contract remains the same. Midco says nothing will change with UND coverage.

Midco all in with UND.

Sounds like the talent for Midco hasn't been decided for the 2024-25 season for UND college sports. 

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

No discussion on bringing back the NODAK hockey jerseys? They're fire and BB loves em!

There was discussion on uniforms that weren't green or white if that helps at all...

19 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Tailgating prices were raised to prevent people from using tailgate spots for cheap parking. Can't disagree with that.

If they actually said that it shows how out of touch they are.   Groups that tailgate together buy multiple sites for tents, trailers, buses, etc.   There might be 5 or 10 or more people\families  affiliated with one tailgate setup.   If they put up a tent, or haul a trailer, they obviously need a spot to park the vehicle that hauled those things.   If you have 10 or more people bringing food, beverages, games, chairs, flags, etc. to tailgate as part of that group, they obviously want - and have historically paid for nearby separate sites to park their vehicles close to their particular tailgate setup.   Yes, the many parked cars could appear to be "non tailgaters" but if they are parked many hours before game time, they are likely part of a tailgate group.    Plus, why should UND or the Alerus care about your intentions for purchasing a spot?   Shouldn't that be the goal?  A full lot of paid for spots?   Their logic is baffling.   I think its going to have the opposite effect and  make some think twice about purchasing spots, and possibly game tickets.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Sioux_FF said:

If they actually said that it shows how out of touch they are.   Groups that tailgate together buy multiple sites for tents, trailers, buses, etc.   There might be 5 or 10 or more people\families  affiliated with one tailgate setup.   If they put up a tent, or haul a trailer, they obviously need a spot to park the vehicle that hauled those things.   If you have 10 or more people bringing food, beverages, games, chairs, flags, etc. to tailgate as part of that group, they obviously want - and have historically paid for nearby separate sites to park their vehicles close to their particular tailgate setup.   Yes, the many parked cars could appear to be "non tailgaters" but if they are parked many hours before game time, they are likely part of a tailgate group.    Plus, why should UND or the Alerus care about your intentions for purchasing a spot?   Shouldn't that be the goal?  A full lot of paid for spots?   Their logic is baffling.   I think its going to have the opposite effect and  make some think twice about purchasing spots, and possibly game tickets.

During last night's tailgate, Chaves and Martinson talked about how they asked some of the people that bought a tailgate ticket and said that people actually admitted (it was cheaper to by a tailgate ticket than a parking spot).