We aren't the only team with a title drought:

UM Go Blow: 26 years

Goofs: 21 years

Bucky: 18 years

Michigan State: 17 years

BU: 15 years

BC: 12 years

Ours is at 8 years.

I am frustrated like everyone else, but we are in the same boat as a lot of other programs.

Definitely frustrating. 
It’s not just the lack of titles, it’s the lack of any playoff success at all the past 8 years. 
In the past 8 years we have missed the tourney 3 times and made it 5 times (I am including the Covid year as making it since they would have qualified). In the four years they competed they lost in the first round 3 times with the only win over AIC. 
There has been 7 NC$$ tournaments since we last won a title and we have won only one game. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Armchair Expert said:

Or maybe Michigan is a good team and it is unrealistic to expect a team like that won’t control portions of a game, especially after a terrible bounce provides a huge momentum shift?

I just think it interesting that everyone pining for the Hakstol days seems to be forgetting that his teams also consistently collapsed when it mattered.  His only team that I felt actually brought it to the Frozen Four is the team that lost to Denver in the title game.  

u must be new bc i haven't forgot abut hak's collapessseseses

Just now, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Berry has a problem, that only Berry can fix. You can talk about culture, expectations, and what it means to be a fighting Sioux. But you still have to show up to the big game, and play your best hockey. 

if KEM wants bubs back he's back....this is her ADepartment top to bottom.

chaves might even be below marty

Man do the Bruce Ciskie's of the world and that guy that married a uscho poster (online sweethearts) from Northern Michigan or Tech just bask in our failures....:lol:

Thankfully Ciskie is a hockey genius and knows the last 8 years have been just a luck thing.  Michigan's 3rd period just lucky on their part. 

32 minutes ago, tnt said:

When you have Schmaltz saying how proud he is of the team, and saying they came out flat in the 3rd in the same breath, while getting outshot 15-1 early in the period, shows the disconnect.  How do you come out flat in a period when you have one period to move on to a regional final?  Berry basically said the same.  But they did try to respond after they came out flat, so we all should be proud like they are.  

It's a one goal game against arguably one of the most talented teams in the country.   2 goals was not going to win it.  Keep attacking don't stop.  Don't just be satisfied with "winning "  go piss pound someone and don't stop until the final horn.   We all joke about how nice BB is but maybe that is his persona just find a way to win a one goal game no need to embarrass the other team.  How many times has BC put  6 spot on us over the years in the tourney?  

12 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Just saw a formal Und great tweet…you can’t “transfer” tradition 

Johannes would like to have a word. Pherson was also one of our best offensive players but playing defense, last night. Buzzwords doesn’t encapsulate this basket case of a program. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I know it’s illegal to bring up but when we gonna discuss Poolman’s role in this yearly debacle?  They certainly don’t get better as the year goes on, kind of like the football team.  

Or Dane Jackson's....   seems there isn't a single corner of UND's sporting teams that don't need some serious eyeballing.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, scpa0305 said:

Boys were outshot 15-1 to start the third…spanning 12 minutes. Insane that’s how we hopped out of the locker room knowing we had one period left.

That’s what I said where were the captains getting everybody fired up to close it out?

18 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Man do the Bruce Ciskie's of the world and that guy that married a uscho poster (online sweethearts) from Northern Michigan or Tech just bask in our failures....:lol:

Thankfully Ciskie is a hockey genius and knows the last 8 years have been just a luck thing.  Michigan's 3rd period just lucky on their part. 

They're UMD fans, they know all about failure already.  ;) 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

Definitely frustrating. 
It’s not just the lack of titles, it’s the lack of any playoff success at all the past 8 years. 
In the past 8 years we have missed the tourney 3 times and made it 5 times (I am including the Covid year as making it since they would have qualified). In the four years they competed they lost in the first round 3 times with the only win over AIC. 
There has been 7 NC$$ tournaments since we last won a title and we have won only one game. 

I know for the past 8 years I have been spending more time cheering for the lesser of two evils than I have been cheering for my team.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

Hakstol’s 2005 frozen four team was good. Hakstol’s 2011 frozen four team and performance was pretty damn good too. 

Similar to how people like to say that anybody could have coached the 2016 team to the final...the 2011 team was the same way.
Wilbur and I could have been behind the bench and made it just as far with the 2011 team.  :)

I know players should be self motivated, but I think sometimes they need something to really push their buttons, much like Lennon did for the NDSU football game this year.  
   I know Blais brought in Ralph and Morelli to inspire before the 1997 championship game.  When I see Goehring talk to the players it seems more monotone and not really inspiring, but maybe he is their best option.

I don’t think the chance to see Berry throw up his arm and yell is going to be a game changer.  Like I said, when you are at the regionals, and you are an athlete, you should be able to motivate yourself.   Maybe they could bring in the other Bubba to do the griddy.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Big A HG said:

We are the Dallas Cowboys of college hockey. 

Brad Berry is our Mike McCarthy whom won a title of yesteryear but has failed to produce much in the postseason since.  Our history and legacy is akin to being "America's Team"...both widely loved by its fans but hated by most others.  Now we've both become the laughing stock of the postseason performance.

Ugh, I cringed reading this, but don’t necessarily disagree with you. 

The only thing I might disagree on is that Brad is more like a Barry Switzer—coming in and winning a Super Bowl right after the success of Jimmy Johnson followed by years of the team having absolutely no playoff relevance whatsoever.

But hey, their tradition, stadium, and jerseys are lit! Sound like a team we know?

Have you ever seen a team as snakebit as UND?

So, in this game Ludvig tries to clear the puck and puts it directly on our guy's skate and back into the goal. to tie the game. Third Michigan goal hits not one but two of our guys and flutters over to the Michigan guy all alone on the other side of the net. So we're now down 3-2 and have to chase the game. 

I can think of so many times our hockey team has either hit multiple pipes or the other team scores off our guy. 

For example: 2005 Frozen Four in Columbus against Denver for the Championship. Denver won the game 4-1 with an empty netter. First three Denver goals went off a North Dakota Player either a skate or a body. Two of which were power play goals. North Dakota out shoots Denver 21-1 in the third period and does not score a goal. One of which Fabian puts into their goalie (Maninno's glove that is inside the goal. But because the refs say they couldn't see the puck in his glove they disallowed it.  

Or 2004 Regional in Colorado Springs when Parise was a sophomore. We lose to Denver 1-0 after out shooting Denver  38-9. Only goal Denver scores goes off one of our guys butt. 

Just feels like we are snakebit when it comes to the national tournament. 

Argh!!!

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Stack said:

Have you ever seen a team as unlucky as UND?

So, in this game Ludvig tries to clear the puck and puts it directly on our guy's skate and back into the goal. to tie the game. Third Michigan goal hits not one but two of our guys and flutters over to the Michigan guy all alone on the other side of the net. So we're now down 3-2 and have to chase the game. 

I can think of so many times our hockey team has either hit multiple pipes or the other team scores off our guy. 

For example: 2005 Frozen Four in Columbus against Denver for the Championship. Denver won the game 4-1 with an empty netter. First three Denver goals went off a North Dakota Player either a skate or a body. Two of which were power play goals. North Dakota out shoots Denver 21-1 in the third period and does not score a goal. One of which Fabian puts into their goalie (Maninno's glove that is inside the goal. But because the refs say they couldn't see the puck in his glove they disallowed it.  

Or 2004 Regional in Colorado Springs when Parise was a sophomore. We lose to Denver 1-0 after out shooting Denver  38-9. Only goal Denver scores goes off one of our guys butt. 

Just feels like we are snakebit when it comes to the national tournament. 

Argh!!!

What about the .6 game against Minnesota and the near equivalent against New Hampshire, nevermind the overtime winner being overturned against BU. We probably don’t remember all the things that went our way though.  We just need to make more breaks for ourselves, by sometimes something as simple as shooting the puck and getting to the net.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, tnt said:

What about the .6 game against Minnesota and the near equivalent against New Hampshire, nevermind the overtime winner being overturned against BU. We probably don’t remember all the things that went our way though.  We just need to make more breaks for ourselves, by sometimes something as simple as shooting the puck and getting to the net.

For a team that lost with .6 seconds failing to back check in the national tournament, it always amazed me how they did the exact same thing against Notre Dame in 2022.  But we were lucky that game that the puck went in the net .6 seconds after the horn blew.  Too bad the boys didn’t come out to play in overtime.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

For a team that lost with .6 seconds failing to back check in the national tournament, it always amazed me how they did the exact same thing against Notre Dame in 2022.  But we were lucky that game that the puck went in the net .6 seconds after the horn blew.  Too bad the boys didn’t come out to play in overtime.

I mean, they were seven years apart.  It's not like the players experienced it and then forgot.  Only fans got to relive it.  

27 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Or coming out to play to win in the third. 

Looking back at the last 9 years since BB has arrived.   I think the message is be smart, be careful, puck protection.    It might be a conservative approach to try and protect the lead.  But look at third period performances since they all scream this approach.    Not a bad approach but not an inspiring one either.   I remember in 97 I think that team had 4 or 5 third periods of 5 goals or more.  Just a difference.