SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 Early Departures and Transfer Portal

brianvf

1 minute ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Hopefully they can address this portal issue at the next coaches meetings and find a solution, this could really shrink the game as we know it. 

Oh for the days of people not living up to the "gentleman's agreement" being the big recruiting issue.

Today? Alford, NIL, portal, family advisors, ... dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria. 

4 minutes ago, RhettRingers said:

I'm beginning to realize why Saban got out when he did. The next 10 years in college sports is going to be very interesting. 

Jeff Hafley left BC (FB HC) for NFL Green Bay (as DC). Reason? Portal, NIL, ... 

He just wants to coach; can't blame him. 

25 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

Wouldn't this be a fun wrinkle to the transfer portal?  NHL GMs directing their draft picks into the portal and onto a new team.

Happens. I am pretty sure J.T. Miller was on campus when the Rangers who had his draft rights encouraged him to go play with Plymouth in the OHL instead.

6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Jeff Hafley left BC (FB HC) for NFL Green Bay (as DC). Reason? Portal, NIL, ... 

He just wants to coach; can't blame him. 

Portal = Free Agency

NIL = Endorsement Deals

College = Professional

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

Portal = Free Agency

NIL = Endorsement Deals

College = Professional

You're not wrong. 

But as a pro coach Hafley has a front office dealing with the business side. 

7 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

You're not wrong. 

But as a pro coach Hafley has a front office dealing with the business side. 

Hey, thought I heard we had the collective up and running to take care of our business side of things and to buy our transfer portal recruits?  Just need to make sure our NIL collective and AD department are on the same page unlike Florida football and Jaden Rashada.  Ugh, amateur athletics are becoming gross.....

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, RhettRingers said:

My point is we can't keep telling these kids to go play juniors another year because we are loaning guys from the portal. Too many guys that have decommited in the last few years. 

I think it's more going to the portal because the junior player needs another year of development.

Man, how many drafted UW players can enter the portal this off-season?
Not a good look for UW or Hastings.

So for Wood, it's between us and a pile of B10 schools?  Not liking those odds... :crazy: