SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Duluth Saturday Night

cowboys5xsbs

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

The senior class at UND has not lost at Amsoil in their career.  Crazy. 

I was happy to see Bast out there in a top four d pairing for Duluth.  Glad he's somewhere where he will play, and play a lot.

Sandy may have his work cut out for him with this group.  Not much all weekend for Biondi or Spicer.  And Thiessen should be in the running for NCHC goaltender of the week.  He's the reason last night wasn't 6-0.

That save he made about two minutes into the game might be the save of the year.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

They publicly announce Tuesday; pretty sure the decisions and notifications are done by close of business Monday. 

a few years back I was told Tuesday, but that very well might be the case. I suppose if there's an appeal they have an extra day to look at the evidence and make their final decision. 

2 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Take off the tinted glasses. He hasn’t been very good to start the year. 

In Gaber's defense, he's had players draped all over him. Go back and watch Jammer's goal. He was tackled in front of the net. 

So it will be reviewed for contact to the head?    It's hard to tell from that video if his elbow made contact with the head or what hit what.   I'm sure they will have multiple views to go by, though.   The fact that I'm half blind and half witted will not be a problem with them.  

11 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

In other news, they were the Duluth broadcast team, not a neutral third party (ala CBSSN).

Next we’ll hear Tim Hennessy may question calls that negatively impact UND. ;) 

I thought the Duluth announcers were fan boying UND all weekend.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, burd said:

So it will be reviewed for contact to the head?    It's hard to tell from that video if his elbow made contact with the head or what hit what.   I'm sure they will have multiple views to go by, though.   The fact that I'm half blind and half witted will not be a problem with them.  

His left shoulder/arm was not moving when he went to skate back to the bench. During the next stoppage in play, Schmaltz and Poolman crossed the ice and went to the locker room.

3 hours ago, 06 Sioux said:

That's bush league and that wasn't the only instance of questionable hits this weekend

Yeah, it wasn’t long after that, in fact I think the same shift that Loheit cross checked Dylan James after the whistle right in front of the ref, and it didn’t become a penalty until after Jamernik stuck up for his teammates.  

1 hour ago, Sweethockey said:

His left shoulder/arm was not moving when he went to skate back to the bench. During the next stoppage in play, Schmaltz and Poolman crossed the ice and went to the locker room.

Serious then maybe?    But how did the guy make contact with him (elbow, head shot, etc?) that would make it a punishable hit?

17 minutes ago, burd said:

Serious then maybe?    But how did the guy make contact with him (elbow, head shot, etc?) that would make it a punishable hit?

I've watched the video a few times s/t @Blackheart how does this go uncalled? This is at least a two-minute boarding call. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

There are two kinds of "chippy" in my world:

- the cute kind that lets me hand-feed them peanuts in the summer in the back yard; and, 
- the ugly kind that shows up when UMD is down a couple goals and sees no other path back into the game. 

I recall thinking shots of Sandy Saturday night showed an angry, dour guy, even early in the game.   Nobody expects a bench coach to be wearing a happy face, but he looked pissed off all the time.   If he gets in a pissy mood on the bench, I can see now it would rub off on his players.    I might have been seeing something that wasn't there.