SiouxSports.com Forum

Indiana State @ UND 10/28/2023

SiouxFan100

4 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

Good to see you’re back! Have you established those guidelines for being a true fan yet? 

Apparently all you have to do is complain about everything 

again….was he wrong in his post that they found a way to win

1 minute ago, homer said:

I'm not complaining about anything. I'm asking you about the guidelines of being a true fan. I just want to know that answer 

No, he wasn’t wrong. Never said he was either. I was saying his fantasy land mindset it truly one of a kind!

I hope one day I can train my brain to be that delusional! 

1 minute ago, HoopsFan03 said:

No, he wasn’t wrong. Never said he was either. I was saying his fantasy land mindset it truly one of a kind!

I hope one day I can train my brain to be that delusional! 

Oh, based on your recent comments, I really believe you can if you haven't already. 

2 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

The point is we shouldn't have to "find a way to win" at home vs a team that hasn't won a game all season. This is like having to "find a way to win" vs Morningside at home in the late 1990's. Unacceptable then and Unacceptable now.

I really hope this is a wake-up call that will push us to run the table and get a playoff seed. But I am not all that optimistic.

But this is NOT a loss, it's a WIN. Yes, they didn't play well, but they won. Why can't that be celebrated? Why does that mean as some have noted that it should be considered a LOSS??

It's a WIN. They found a way to do it without playing a good game. 

JUST WIN BABY!!!

FYI those teams at the end of the 90's turned the corner for UND FB which led to a Title in 2001

Just now, sioux24/7 said:

Wait, was this a moral loss?

It’s an everything loss. If you were at that game and had to watch that pathetic game of “football” and still consider it a win then I’m not sure what to even say. You are truly delusional and need to take the Kelly green glasses off. 

It may show a W on the record, but all around that was a big fat L.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

I'm not complaining about anything. I'm asking you about the guidelines of being a true fan. I just want to know that answer 

2 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

It’s an everything loss. If you were at that game and had to watch that pathetic game of “football” and still consider it a win then I’m not sure what to even say. You are truly delusional and need to take the Kelly green glasses off. 

Apparently it needs to look something like this.   Anything else is unacceptable.  

Apparently it needs to look something like this.   Anything else is unacceptable.  

28 point favorites at home and won by 3 in overtime :D

All after getting embarrassed 27-0 on the road… if you think that is a good win then I really don’t know what to say. That is a new level of fantasy land.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, shep said:

He found a way to win the game

Based on the way the last two games or at least 7 of the last 8 quarters have gone from an offensive perspective its really hard to be supportive of Freund.  I love a good trick play as much or more than the next guy.. I hate our reliance on it.  Im super tired of all of the short little passes to the outside particularly with all of the teams just out there sitting on them on us.  Even with all of the issues today.. we still had the game won if the coaches had just kicked the short field goal and gone for 1 instead of going for 2 for no reason.

While Im annoyed with the game Im still happy we won.. A bad win is still way better than a loss.  Indiana State is not Western Illinois no matter what the record says.  Somehow this team needs to return to the mindset of the NDSU game.  If we can do that there is no reason we cant win the next 3 games.  We should be able to beat Murray State, USD just got spanked by SDSU as bad or worse than we did and they have a tough game next week against the Salukis, and the Illinois State game will also be tough but winnable if we can refocus.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

28 point favorites at home and won by 3 in overtime :D

All after getting embarrassed 27-0 on the road… if you think that is a good win then I really don’t know what to say. That is a new level of fantasy land.

I’ll take an ugly win over a pretty loss any day.  

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

I agree it was absolutely pathetic. Walking into the Al today just felt weird. No juice from the fans and certainly nothing from the team. I just thought it was a good time to poke at the moral victory that’s long been talked about.