SiouxSports.com Forum

Minnesota @ UND - Rivalry Renewed - Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

2 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I am actually curious if they’d ever try Johannes at center. I’m pretty sure I heard it said that he has played center before. 

I’m sure they have different face off drills. I’m not entirely sold on McLaughlin being a natural center. He’s timid and underweight. I agree with you. Johannes creates and disrupts a lot of plays on his own. Perfect for the middle of the ice.

I thought two things were evident yesterday.  UM, under Matzko, is a damn good team and played about the best game they could.  ND had a decent start, but as the game went on they could not figure out how to set up in the UM zone.  No effective forecheck, poor passing, poor stick handling, bad penalties.  If that is the best "teamwork" they can manage, we will be in for an ugly spanking again tonight.

• Upvote 2

I think you've got to split up 17 and 9 on the PP because both of them are guys you'd want to be the focal point.  

I'd go: 22(L)-28(L)-9(R)-18(R)-7 (L)with 28 my net front guy, and 7 operating up top with 9 on his off wing wall.  

Other unit: 17(R), 26 (L), 14(L), 27(R) 4 (L) with 27 as my net front.  Put 17 in his Duncan spot and work an overload concept with 4 and 17 and let 4 use his bomb of a shot if teams over play 17.  I think having 14 on that off wing wall in give and go looks with 17 would give teams fits as well.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

maybe it's just bc i'm old but this new idea of using numbers to talk about the current team is crazy because in my head i have multiple numbers and names assigned....i see hrkac, smail, commodore, fabian, notermann.....

26 is Radke okay....:lol:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I think you've got to split up 17 and 9 on the PP because both of them are guys you'd want to be the focal point.  

I'd go: 22(L)-28(L)-9(R)-18(R)-7 (L)with 28 my net front guy, and 7 operating up top with 9 on his off wing wall.  

Other unit: 17(R), 26 (L), 14(L), 27(R) 4 (L) with 27 as my net front.  Put 17 in his Duncan spot and work an overload concept with 4 and 17 and let 4 use his bomb of a shot if teams over play 17.  I think having 14 on that off wing wall in give and go looks with 17 would give teams fits as well.  

I was thinking the same thing last night. There’s only one puck out there and both 17 & 9 seem to demand it. 

14 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

Tonight I was in Loveland Colorado and watched Aaron Schneekloth’s Colorado Eagles give him his 1st AHL head coaching win against the Grand Rapids Griffins.  6 to 3 final. 

Should've called me; I live in Loveland.

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Nope you can’t split them up because both need top pp minutes, same with Perron. The skilled guys have to be on the ice together. In todays game multiple guys need to be a threat on the PP.