SiouxSports.com Forum

Game 1: We vs. Bizens

Wilbur

Hopefully Emerson and Kunz are cleared to play.
They've both returned to practice.
Sounds like all three goalies will hopefully get a shot.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/unds-exhibition-games-against-manitoba-might-not-be-an-annual-occurrence?auth0Authentication=true

Emerson, a freshman, missed Tuesday's intrasquad scrimmage due to an illness. He has since returned to practice. Kunz, a junior, suffered an injury blocking a shot during the scrimmage and left early. He also has returned to practice.

"I think it's really important to get the new faces in our lineup for sure," Berry said. "I'd like to dress everybody. I think we'll see how it is with those two guys (Emerson and Kunz). One year we did put five lines on the bench and eight defense. It's pretty crowded. You don't get a lot of reps in that. But at the end of the day, everybody got in the game."

Berry said Miami transfer Ludvig Persson will start in net for the Fighting Hawks. He also hopes to get freshman Hobie Hedquist and redshirt sophomore Kaleb Johnson in.

Plenty of ultra talented guys at UND over the years, but I don't think any of them have been more slippery than Blake.  He just changes direction and fakes guys out in ways I can't recall seeing.  It saddens me that he's gotten so good so fast that he may have to move on sooner than I had thought.