SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

56 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

They really need Rucker to take another big step at OLB. In the last 360 article they were high on the Upper Iowa OLB transfer (John Butsch). They need this position to be significantly better than it has been the last couple of years. Think they are also banking on Erkman being a stud at safety, and need one of the transfers from West Virginia State to step up there as well.

DL worries me. Again, will need a couple of the transfers and redshirt freshman from last year to step up. 

I’m trying to be optimistic about the defense next year but I have had trouble doing so considering how they’ve been the last couple of years. Considering he’s technically a defensive coach, Bubba and his staff needs to get this side figured out. They will be relying on some D2’s/Juco/NAIA players making the jump up so it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I’ve heard from a player that Erkman is the real deal. We shall see. 

Good points and I think last years LBs get better.

Biggest concern is the line. Is there enough meat to stop the run?

Will Rucker be the pass rusher the team hasn’t had in a few years.

Agreed that the LBs should be better as a whole. Lot of experience returning. But their jobs depend a lot on the d line. Hope Beach and Orlando go out with a bang at DT. Not sure who is behind those two. DE has major questions. Big opportunity for Teiken. Going to need the transfers to make a splash. Same with the safety position. I’m curious if anyone had heard much on JUCO transfer safety Jonethan Wiltshire? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

So what are we watching for come fall camp? QB battle, obviously. Offensive line too. I just need to talk ball. 

I've got 5 more days left of my 3 week stint back up in ND. Once I get back home and in my regular routine I'll definitely be anxious for the football talk to ramp up! 

Saw Deng (sp?) on the local news last night throwing down an alley oop dunk in the Lions all star game. Only saw for a brief second, but looked thicker than I was maybe thinking. Will have to look for him on highlights tonight. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

I've got 5 more days left of my 3 week stint back up in ND. Once I get back home and in my regular routine I'll definitely be anxious for the football talk to ramp up! 

Saw Deng (sp?) on the local news last night throwing down an alley oop dunk in the Lions all star game. Only saw for a brief second, but looked thicker than I was maybe thinking. Will have to look for him on highlights tonight. 

Deng really beefed up between his junior and senior year. He went from a boy to a man for sure. 

40 minutes ago, shep said:

He's a crazy good athlete and rumor has it that he's been hanging out with Belquist this summer

Bo knows route running ...hopefully that can rub off on Mr. Deng.

• Upvote 3

I hope one of Mr Deng's common routes is: 

Run as fast as you can straight to the endzone and we will try to get the ball to you (hopefully the OL can keep the QB upright).

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, shep said:

I hope one of Mr Deng's common routes is: 

Run as fast as you can straight to the endzone and we will try to get the ball to you (hopefully the OL can keep the QB upright).

Red Zone scoring machine.

On 7/17/2024 at 9:47 AM, shep said:

He's a crazy good athlete and rumor has it that he's been hanging out with Belquist this summer

Makes sense since he was on New Rockford-Sheyenne's track team this spring, which Bo's dad coaches. 

• Upvote 3

On 7/16/2024 at 9:44 PM, sioux24/7 said:

So what are we watching for come fall camp? QB battle, obviously. Offensive line too. I just need to talk ball. 

Bubba made it clear this past week:  They haven’t made a decision yet on starting QB. 

18 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Bubba made it clear this past week:  They haven’t made a decision yet on starting QB. 

Do you see 2 QBs playing  each game ?

36 minutes ago, Kab said:

Do you see 2 QBs playing  each game ?

Not all season. They should both get reps against Iowa State unless the starter is playing well and we are in the game. They are similar in many ways. Normally if it’s this close you start with the guy who has game experience. Unless Kaminski separates himself, there would be no reason to start his career at Iowa State. Start Feeney and give Kaminski the 2nd half. If they  start Kaminski give Feeney the 2nd quarter unless we are staying in the game. I believe you always start the upperclassman unless the younger guy is clearly the better player. They need to play both of them early if it’s that close. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

this post is a recipe for a 3 win season............

after 10 years at the helm we should be expecting to win this damn game not who can play in garbage time.

whoever bubba starts at qb should start and finish this game to get ready for the next game and the next game

Are you surprised by the post? 

I’m certainly not

• Like 1