SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Non-UND FCS thread

The Sicatoka

27 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Wonder how the team responds to this.  Can't remember if it was Klieman or Bohl that left before the season ended?  One of them answered his cell phone at practice and accepted the job if I remember right.  Maybe I dreamt that.  

Bohl for sure stuck around. I think Klieman did too.

Brian Kelly was eating dinner on a recruiting visit, stepped out to take a call, came back and kept eating.....then an hour later it broke he took the LSU job..per the kid's dad.

21 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Bohl for sure stuck around. I think Klieman did too.

Brian Kelly was eating dinner on a recruiting visit, stepped out to take a call, came back and kept eating.....then an hour later it broke he took the LSU job..per the kid's dad.

They both stuck around. When Bohl left it got a little weird at practice as far as communications and recruiting went since they had named Klieman the next coach. So you had two camps of Coaches. Bohl and those going with him and Klieman and those that were staying with him....but they managed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, petey23 said:

They both stuck around. When Bohl left it got a little weird at practice as far as communications and recruiting went since they had named Klieman the next coach. So you had two camps of Coaches. Bohl and those going with him and Klieman and those that were staying with him....but they managed.

This would be a fun problem to have.. would mean we have a coach that is being recruited to a better position and we were still in the playoffs.. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, petey23 said:

I am hearing that the Coach NDSU is hiring is not currently on staff and of course the players want Roehl since they know him. Could be an interesting week.

If they hire externally isn't there a formal process they have to go through that takes time vs hiring internally is automatic? 

1 hour ago, petey23 said:

I am hearing that the Coach NDSU is hiring is not currently on staff and of course the players want Roehl since they know him. Could be an interesting week.

This has Polasek written all over it.  Cain makes way too much money.  Maybe there's others out there?  

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/football/assistant

On 12/10/2023 at 3:14 PM, 1972 said:

Very strange move for Entz.....could it be, that he was told he will be replaced after the season?  That also seems odd.....not sure what to think about this news

Not strange at all. He found out through multiple conversations that he needed some FBS on his resume. Going to USC isnt a demotion. It will be a career builder. Hes a much better D coach than he is a HC.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, bison73 said:

Not strange at all. He found out through multiple conversations that he needed some FBS on his resume. Going to USC isnt a demotion. It will be a career builder. Hes a much better D coach than he is a HC.

Agree here. He never seemed to be a HC guy. Obviously a good d coordinator.

32 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

SDSU 28-0 Albany (or is it the Washington Generals).

halfway through Q2

One downside to the regional games in the playoffs is that lousy teams like Albany can make it this far by playing lesser competition.