SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2023-24

cberkas

3 hours ago, jk said:

The last four weeks: 

Swept at CC.

Sweep of bad UMD.

Sweep at home over WMU, but needed to hot goalie them one night.

Swept at Omaha.

Definitely iffy.  But they have an offensive punch and a goalie who can steal one, so they can beat anyone.

Big time…I just read this on X, boys are 8-9 against ncaa tourney teams, 17-1-2 against everyone else.

2 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Big time…I just read this on X, boys are 8-9 against ncaa tourney teams, 17-1-2 against everyone else.

That record looks a lot better if CC doesn’t make the tourney. ;)

5 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

It’s actually 9-9. That guy didn’t count correctly lol. 

BU, DU 3x, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Western 2x, Omaha=9. 

A lot of big games tonight that could really get some movement for those teams on the bubble:

17 - Cornell vs Harvard
13 - Prov vs 15 - UMass
19 - NE vs BU
18 - UNH vs Maine
12 - WMU vs 16 - SCSU
14 - UNO vs 10 - CC
11 - UM vs UMN

A couple surprise wins from NE or UNH could cause even more of a logjam for those final few spots in the 13-14 range.

I don't suppose the movement is likely to be very substantial, but isn't it possible that a team eliminated from further play and outside the bubble as of tomorrow might sneak back inside next weekend based on the evolving record of teams which it played and which are still playing in the conference tourneys?

16 minutes ago, burd said:

I don't suppose the movement is likely to be very substantial, but isn't it possible that a team eliminated from further play and outside the bubble as of tomorrow might sneak back inside next weekend based on the evolving record of teams which it played and which are still playing in the conference tourneys?

Yes it’s possible

39 minutes ago, burd said:

IIRC Wisconsin pulled off the Backdoor Bucky move and got into the big tournament after being left for dead outside the bubble.  That's been a few years though.  I want to say DU did it once as well.

Watching BU and Northeastern on HULU and as the p[eriod break is ending that BU PxP guy is just rambling about this that and the other, but obviously smacking some snacks as hes getting ready for the period... its gotta be the funniest thing just smacking his lips and chowing down in between his thick Boston accent.. good lord.

btw 0-0 start of 2nd

24 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Watching BU and Northeastern on HULU and as the p[eriod break is ending that BU PxP guy is just rambling about this that and the other, but obviously smacking some snacks as hes getting ready for the period... its gotta be the funniest thing just smacking his lips and chowing down in between his thick Boston accent.. good lord.

btw 0-0 start of 2nd

Ol’ Peter Griffin with the munchies. 

• Upvote 2

Watching the BU game, and the amount of commercials they have, pounding their chest saying it's the toughest league in all of college hockey, is nauseating....gotta believe the NCHC  is the toughest from top to bottom

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, cberkas said:

UMass beats Providence 3-1 

BU beats Northeastern 4-2

Need Omaha and Western Michigan to get wins tonight to get closer to get 5 NCHC teams in.

UMass up to #12 with the win, Prov drops to #16.

6 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Not sure who to root for in the UM/UMN game.
Hate it anytime UMN wins, but a loss might put UM close to the bubble.  Would be nice if they miss the tourney.

I did the custom PWR and got them close to 14th