SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2023-24

cberkas

46 minutes ago, brianvf said:

New USCHO Bracketology is out:

https://www.uscho.com/2024/03/06/bracketology-getting-closer-to-seasons-end-the-umass-conundrum-is-solved-but-other-issues-lie-ahead-in-seeding-the-ncaa-field/

UMass moving up to a #3 seed solves the issue of swapping #1 seeds around to place them in their host spot.

Providence Regional
1. Boston College
2. Quinnipiac
3. Maine
4. Bemidji State (or CCHA champion)

Springfield, Mass. Regional
1. Boston University
2. Minnesota
3. Massachusetts (regional host)
4. St. Cloud State

Sioux Falls, S.D. Regional
1. North Dakota
2. Michigan State
3. Colorado College
4. RIT (or AHA champion)

Maryland Heights, Mo. Regional
1. Denver
2. Wisconsin
3. Providence
4. Michigan

I'd take that bracket as a UND fan.

Not sure I'd want to play CC again...

• Upvote 1

I don't have a problem with these regions but I think BU would. They are still Pairwise #2, so should get the AHA champ. But with only 2 #4 seeds to work with there's no easy solution. Lots of rabbit holes indeed, and I don't see much movement in the 4 Pairwise range. St. Cloud and WMU could switch spots but that doesn't resolve anything. An upset in one of the conference tournaments could make the first round matchups much easier to figure out. 

12 hours ago, brianvf said:

UMass moving up to a #3 seed solves the issue of swapping #1 seeds around to place them in their host spot

I alluded to that back on Saturday.

From the aforementioned linked Bracketology article:

"First, I’d love to get Wisconsin to Maryland Heights, which is a community known for its love of the Badgers."

What's the connection there?

33 minutes ago, Dustin said:

"First, I’d love to get Wisconsin to Maryland Heights, which is a community known for its love of the Badgers."

A lot of mental defect from heavy metal exposure.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Dustin said:

MARYLAND HEIGHTS, Mo. -- Friday was a day that will live long in the memories of Badgers women's hockey fans and players. No. 1 Wisconsin set and matched multiple records during a 16-1 beatdown of Lindenwood.

2 hours ago, Dustin said:

I know I don't speak for most of you when I say I don't mind John Buccigross, but man how great would it sound to have Doc Emrick calling the Frozen Four?? 

That would be the greatest having Emrick calling the game.  Instead, we're stuck with a cheerleader screaming into the microphone. #firstworldproblems

2 hours ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Emrick is good but when Gary Thorne and Bill Clement were doing the Frozen Four games, nothing tops that in my opinion.

Totally agree. They fed off each other real well 

2 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Maine is limping into the tournament and will be a good first round opponent for a lucky team.

They seem to be similar to ASU...such a dominant team at home, but struggle much more when playing away from Alfond.
That won't help them come tourney time.

21 minutes ago, brianvf said:

They seem to be similar to ASU...such a dominant team at home, but struggle much more when playing away from Alfond.
That won't help them come tourney time.

Upon further inspection it was the UNH Lowell score I thought was Maine getting pounded. But the point still stands.