SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2023-24

cberkas

I thought it would be fun to start chatting about Miami and the mess of a season it’s looking like it’ll be as Chris Bergeron enters his fifth season behind the bench. 

Miami started out 4-1 but is now 4-5-1, and have lost 4 in a row. Miami goes to UND next weekend before having a home and home against Mercyhurst (2-5-1) then a home series against an injury plagued Duluth team (3-5-3), and then on the road at Niagara (2-6-1). 

Bergeron better hope to come out of this stretch with at least a couple of wins or it could spell disaster the rest of the way as their schedule gets noticeably much more difficult from there.

I watched much of the CC/Miami series this weekend and, all due respect to the Tigers, CC made relatively easy work of the Red Hawks and let’s be honest, CC isn’t a world beater. They’re much improved over the disastrous Haviland era but like Schloss has said many times leading up to this season, the Tigers have a very good freshman class and next year’s is looking strong as well but they’re still a season or two away from being a conference contender.

So with that said, things are not looking good in Oxford. Hopefully UND will remember that loss to them at home last fall as that loss contributed to UND not making the tournament.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

So, with that said, things are not looking good in Oxford. Hopefully UND will remember that loss to them at home last fall as that loss contributed to UND not making the tournament.  

It might be an interesting weekend, with Ludvig Persson getting to play against his former team. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Godsmack said:

I thought it would be fun to start chatting about Miami and the mess of a season it’s looking like it’ll be as Chris Bergeron enters his fifth season behind the bench. 

Miami started out 4-1 but is now 4-5-1, and have lost 4 in a row. Miami goes to UND next weekend before having a home and home against Mercyhurst (2-5-1) then a home series against an injury plagued Duluth team (3-5-3), and then on the road at Niagara (2-6-1). 

Bergeron better hope to come out of this stretch with at least a couple of wins or it could spell disaster the rest of the way as their schedule gets noticeably much more difficult from there.

I watched much of the CC/Miami series this weekend and, all due respect to the Tigers, CC made relatively easy work of the Red Hawks and let’s be honest, CC isn’t a world beater. They’re much improved over the disastrous Haviland era but like Schloss has said many times leading up to this season, the Tigers have a very good freshman class and next year’s is looking strong as well but they’re still a season or two away from being a conference contender.

So with that said, things are not looking good in Oxford. Hopefully UND will remember that loss to them at home last fall as that loss contributed to UND not making the tournament.  

It's such doom and gloom on their message board after getting swept. 

https://x.com/AF_HKY/status/1723218837397459125?s=20

These two are nice jerseys, best military jerseys. 

https://x.com/AF_HKY/status/1722024879283699981?s=20

Hope both teams keep using these jerseys during the year. A road version of the Air Force one and home of the Army one is needed. 

edit: Didn't notice right away the numbers of the Air Force jersey have rivets.  

https://x.com/AF_HKY/status/1721971986056753458?s=20

1 hour ago, farce poobah said:

I see CC sits at #16 in the (very early) Pairwise ratings today; nice to see continuing progress at CC.  

It is.  I think many of us remember those fast, dynamic CC teams that could beat you but were fun to watch

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, farce poobah said:

I see CC sits at #16 in the (very early) Pairwise ratings today; nice to see continuing progress at CC.  

The days of players like Peter Sejna, Marty Sertich, Brett Sterling, Jaden Schwartz, Rylan Schwartz, Tom Preissing, Mark Stewart, Jack Hillen, Curtis McElhinney, Richard Bachman, Noah Clarke, Chad Rau, and many others. Man, it seems like a lifetime ago when CC had all these fast, skilled, high flying players and teams. I do think we have the right coach in place to get the program back on track though after the disastrous Haviland era ran the program into the ground.  

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, brianvf said:

So many writers and polls had Merrimack pretty high up on the rankings in the preseason.  They've had a rough start to the season and haven't really had the toughest schedule to this point either.

So many factors affect early season performance.   I'd like to think Michigan is a 500 team, but by March they will probably be winning a lot of games.  

8 hours ago, brianvf said:

So many writers and polls had Merrimack pretty high up on the rankings in the preseason.  They've had a rough start to the season and haven't really had the toughest schedule to this point either.

Because of how they finished last season they were ranked 16th and after seeing them play I was saying that was too high. 

54 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

https://x.com/SchlossmanGF/status/1725203633770278922?s=20

It's like how lab rats don't recognize Twinkies as food, foreigners look at Skyline and think it's dog food.

Mods: how do we embed tweets? It used to do so automatically, is this part of the recent changes at that hellsite?

Worked for me.  The only difference that I saw was that your web address began with x.com, where mine that embeded began with twitter.com.

2 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

https://x.com/SchlossmanGF/status/1725203633770278922?s=20

It's like how lab rats don't recognize Twinkies as food, foreigners look at Skyline and think it's dog food.

Mods: how do we embed tweets? It used to do so automatically, is this part of the recent changes at that hellsite?

It is dog food! After hearing about it for years, I was on business in Ohio, and I had to try it, very disappointing.