SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Tigers preview

01grad

I don't understand where Fylling has been all season though.

Quinn seems to have been relegated to 4th line duty.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

he was watching backes put the biskit in the baskit with 3.8 left on saturday night. he was as much a spectater as the other 11.5 in the plush leather seats. he just had a better view. :glare:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he was watching backes put the biskit in the baskit with 3.8 left on saturday night.  he was as much a spectater as the other 11.5 in the plush leather seats.  he just had a better view. :glare:

He may have had a better view, but it was from the bench. According to the game boxscore here, the players that were on the ice for Backes' gwg were Schneider, Greene, McMahon, Prpich, and Fuher. And, of course, Parise.

He may have had a better view, but it was from the bench.  According to the game boxscore here, the players that were on the ice for Backes' gwg were Schneider, Greene, McMahon, Prpich, and Fuher.  And, of course, Parise.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the boxscore is wrong. It seems unlikely that there were 3 d-men on the ice. McMahon/Prpich/Fylling makes sense..

I think the boxscore is wrong. It seems unlikely that there were 3 d-men on the ice. McMahon/Prpich/Fylling makes sense..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're probably right. It wouldn't be tough to mistake Fuher's 8 for Fylling's 9.

You're probably right. It wouldn't be tough to mistake Fuher's 8 for Fylling's 9.

That's true as well. Either way, someone was standing around watching as Backes stood all alone in front of the net.

Can't let that happen too many times against CC or the Sioux will be down 5-0 before the end of the 1st.

That's true as well. Either way, someone was standing around watching as Backes stood all alone in front of the net.

Can't let that happen too many times against CC or the Sioux will be down 5-0 before the end of the 1st.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know it was Fylling as I whined all the way home "Why the he-- was Quinn Fylling in the game at a critical time like that???

I know it was Fylling as I whined all the way home "Why the he-- was Quinn Fylling in the game at a critical time like that???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thank you shep, i did the exact same thing, why is fylling out there in the last minute watching backes score. accept i was bouncing at the bar waiting for someone looking to get beat down after that, :glare:

About Fylling, he hasn't played much in that role this year, but last year he spent some time on a checking line with McMahon and Prpich. They were together in the REA series against MN when they were so effective in shutting Vanek's line down. It's really not that surprising that the coaches would consider him effective in that role. Sorry to rain on the parade-raining. Commence the ripping.

thank you shep, i did the exact same thing, why is fylling out there in the last minute watching backes score. accept i was bouncing at the bar waiting for someone looking to get beat down after that, :glare:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The only time I wanna see Fylling on the ice with 3 seconds left in the game is when the score is 5-1.

Did anyone get that beatdown???

The only time I wanna see Fylling on the ice with 3 seconds left in the game is when the score is 5-1.

Did anyone get that beatdown???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

na, one came close but they gotta swing first, i'm a big boy, intimidation is a good thing, most won't, the one's that will are either brave or stupid, and odds are, they'd beat me down. but they would remember i was there.

Even though fylling spent some time on a checking line, in my experiences, the checking line gets the puck up ice, puts it in the corner, and then beats up on the other team for 45 seconds and then get's off the ice with hopefully some momentum for the scoring lines. just my opinion, but they should not be on the ice in the last minute of a one goal game with a pulled goalie. your best penalty kill guys should be on the ice, that's what they do the rest of the game, that is essentially the same situation, and i have a hard time validating having an underachieving senior on the ice in that situation. he hasn't proven a whole lot in his tenure. maybe a decent checking line forward, but not much beyond that. but then too, he's playing college hockey, not me.

I wonder why they wouldn't air both night's games. Won't they be taking a crew out there anyway?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fairly sure theralph site showed earlier this year that both games would be on FSSN; recently changed to Friday only. And 6:05PM is not the right game time, someone is time-zone challenged.

Fairly sure theralph site showed earlier this year that both games would be on FSSN; recently changed to Friday only. And 6:05PM is not the right game time, someone is time-zone challenged.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

are they actually taking cameras and crew out there or just sweeny a camera and cameraman and taking the game of off CC's feed?? if so, why not do it on saturday night also??

are they actually taking cameras and crew out there or just sweeny a camera and cameraman and taking the game of off CC's feed?? if so, why not do it on saturday night also??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If it is like the last couple years, they will use CC's feed. I think it is one junior high student with a handycam. :glare:

Oh, well...at least we get to see them.

According to the REA website, both games will be shown on the FSSN...Has something changed?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Apparently so, I am an internet broadcast subscriber and the REA just sent me an apology, stating that they would not be able to show Saturday's game either.

If it is like the last couple years, they will use CC's feed. I think it is one junior high student with a handycam. :glare:

Oh, well...at least we get to see them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On the CC web site, sounds like a local CO TV station will pick up the FSSN feed (Sweeney, Bredahl) on Friday night.

On the CC web site, sounds like a local CO TV station will pick up the FSSN feed (Sweeney, Bredahl) on Friday night.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OH goody! If I remember correctly, the last time Sweeney did a broadcast out in Colorado Springs they spent half the time talking about the Olympic Ice, a quarter of the time talking about technical difficulties, and the rest talking about what was happening on the ice. :glare:

But at least it's going to be on. :huh:

People, people, people, the solution is clear. Just do the following.

Television settings -

Power: On

Channel: Fighting Sioux Sports Network affiliate

Volume: Mute

Radio settings-

Power: On

Station: Fighting Sioux Hockey Radio Network affiliate

Volume: As desired by user (I prefer a 42 or 43 on the Bose.)

.......in my experiences,  the checking line gets the puck up ice, puts it in the corner,  and then beats up on the other team for 45 seconds and then get's off the ice with hopefully some momentum for the scoring lines.    just my opinion,  but they should not be on the ice in the last minute of a one goal game with a pulled goalie.  your best penalty kill guys should be on the ice,  that's what they do the rest of the game,  that is essentially the same situation,  and i have a hard time validating having an underachieving senior on the ice in that situation.  he hasn't proven a whole lot in his tenure.  maybe a decent checking line forward,  but not much beyond that.    but then too, he's playing college hockey, not me.

I always thought the checking line was out there to shut down the other team's top line.