SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Tigers preview

01grad

I predict we get our @$$es kicked this weekend. I see no way how we can beat C.C. this weekend or any weekend or anyone above .500. I think UND has bagged the season and it appears they have issues in the lockerroom.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pundits and Naysayers. Gotta love 'em.

No way we can beat CC? Or anyone else above .500? Bagged the

season when it is only just beginning for everyone?

C'mon Goon, you are smarter than this, and are a better fan of the

team as well, ain't chu?

"Appears that they have issues in the lockerroom?"

Umm, I think that you do not know this, nor do you, or anyone else

on this board for that matter, have even a remote clue as to what is going on

in the locker room.

Here is saying that the Sioux take two this weekend in Colorado.

See you in the Springs, and at the Excel and Mariucci in March.

Don't know if we can afford Columbus, but we sure as heck ain't ruling

it out like many on this board who appear to be calling it a season.

Sheeeeesh. It's January. The season ain't hardly even begun.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheeeeesh.  It's January.  The season ain't hardly even begun.

What the hell are you smoking? The regular season is almost over, have you not watched any recent games?

If the Sioux can somehow pull a split out of their collective asses this weekend, it will be a friggin miracle.

PS - See you at the airport - Go Sioux!!

I just noticed how convenient our schedule is the rest of the way:

Colorado, BREAK, Bemidji, Denver, BREAK, Alaska, Wisconsin, St. Cloud

Sure they may be against tough teams, but it will be nice to get breaks to regroup and heal up down the stretch. Many teams don't have this luxury because they have already used a break or two. We need to take at least 2 points each of these weekends. As long as we don't get swept, we should be able to finish in the top five.

"Appears that they have issues in the lockerroom?" 

Here is saying that the Sioux take two this weekend in Colorado.

Sheeeeesh.  It's January.  The season ain't hardly even begun.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, I'll bite. The Sioux come out flat against an inferior opponent. The Sioxu play with no emotion all weekend. MSU-M has like three players I would consider good enough to play on the Sioux and UND gets out played. I don't know about you but, I am not seeing a lot of drive and determination. Except for Murray, Zajac, Genoway and Prpich, I didn't see a lot of effort on the ice this weekend.

Someone mentioned Stafford making great plays on the ice during the WJC. Where was that player this weekend. Granted he might be dragging but these guys appeared to have bagged the season or there is something going one in the locker room. Where is the leadership?

That being said they should get in as an at large bid to the NCAA tourney if they don't fall completely flat on their face the next couple of weeks.

We need to take at least 2 points each of these weekends.  As long as we don't get swept, we should be able to finish in the top five.

I agree that we should be able to finish in the top 5 in the league even if we just get 2 points from the remaining series. Duluth only getting one point against UAA at home really hurt their chances of a top 5 finish. I still hope that we can get 4th place, because UMD would be a tough first round playoff opponent if they finish 6th.

I agree that we should be able to finish in the top 5 in the league even if we just get 2 points from the remaining series.  Duluth only getting one point against UAA at home really hurt their chances of a top 5 finish.  I still hope that we can get 4th place, because UMD would be a tough first round playoff opponent if they finish 6th.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do like our chances if we have to play UMD in our barn. I think we match up well against them in a three game series.

Huge series to say the least. CC is coming into this rolling after sweeping the Morons in Maroon. UND is coming off a split with goofy Mankato. I believe the teams split in GF but I'm not sure on that. UND really needs to bring their A game in my view to struggle a split out. Too much going well for the Tigers right now, but what do I know I'm just a hockey fanatic.

Did anyone else notice a gimme two-points for Minnesota coming up against Mankato? The game at the Xcel Energy Center is a HOME game for Mankato. I guess it's all about money these days and has nothing to do with wins or losses. I can't possibly imagine the Sioux playing at the Xcel Energy Center as one of their two "home" games a year vs the Gophers. Who the h*ll is running the show in Mankato these days? That game takes on an all-new importance in points thanks to the Sioux splitting this past weekend and yet Mankato is apparently happy to play in St Paul. Oh yea, I forgot, according to Gopher fans, Xcel is a neutral ice site. My bad. :glare:

Did anyone else notice a gimme two-points for Minnesota coming up against Mankato?  The game at the Xcel Energy Center is a HOME game for Mankato.  I guess it's all about money these days and has nothing to do with wins or losses.  I can't possibly imagine the Sioux playing at the Xcel Energy Center as one of their two "home" games a year vs the Gophers.  Who the h*ll is running the show in Mankato these days?  That game takes on an all-new importance in points thanks to the Sioux splitting this past weekend and yet Mankato is apparently happy to play in St Paul.  Oh yea, I forgot, according to Gopher fans, Xcel is a neutral ice site.  My bad.  :glare:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The AD down in Kato thought they could drum up some support from the non-goofer fans in the twin cities. Or at least get some further exposure. It might work too, some of the biggest supporters of "any other team but them" come from gopherville. but no really i doubt it.

The biggest let down is the couple tens of thousands of dollars in concessions missed out on down in the hometown ice. way to go flo.

I will be in attendance at the X this Friday. I just hope it's a close and exciting game. I am going with a gopher and Wild fan. It is a good opportunity to wear my Sioux jersey because it will seem like a neutral venue. Others are probably going just as I am to watch some live hockey. Hopefully when I glance up at the out of town scores I won't be embarrassed. :glare:

Any other Sioux fans from the metro area going?

Only by taking 4 at CC can the Sioux prove to me that they're going somewhere this year. It's time to step up and turn it around. I don't give a rat's ass who they are playing, where they're ranked, where they're playing or who the goltender is, and neither should they. They can do it. They just need to play aggressively on the big ice for once, and finish their checks against a CC team that doesn't like the physical stuff. And as The Sicatoka says, the Sioux can score.

Oh, and yes my opinion does matter to them. It is to them what a mother's love is to a child.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That game at home against CC was lost as a result of poor goaltending on JPar. Two, if not all three, of the goals were very weak. I'm not a JPar basher, but I also don't understand why the Sioux do not go with the goalie who is clearly playing better. JPar's mistake on the 3rd goal against Mankato was another example.

Another poster criticized Drew Stafford's play. I beg to differ. I admit that he can play uninspired at times, but I thought that he looked good this weekend. On Friday, he moved the puck very well on the powerplay with good, crisp passes. Unfortunately, unlike the defense on the US World Junior Team, Genoway was not able to handle either pass and both times, they had to regain the zone. I like Genoway, but I have no idea why he is on the point on the PP when you have defensemen like Jones and Fuher who can handle passes and have big shots. The same thing happened on Saturday when the Sioux had a 5-3, but Genoway was not able to handle the pass, and had to hook the MSUM player to prevent a scoring chance. Part of Drew's problem is that some of the players around him do not play to his level, which I am sure is very frustrating. This team has many more anchors that you can blame (including the coaches--how many teams with the Sioux's skill dump it in on the powerplay!! :glare: ) without having to rip Stafford, Murray, Zajac and Jones.

Hopefully any other Sioux Fans will be watching the Sioux take on CC at Joe Sensor's.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've already been to Sensers too much this year and been dissapointed by the slow, low energy games. I need to see a live hockey game again regardless of who it is, it's been too long.

Oh, and I didn't know that the Friday game would be on television when I purchased the tickets a few weeks ago, since only home games are broadcast.

I hope no one breaks their legs jumping off the bandwagon. Some of you sound like Viking fans. It's always easy to cheer for teams when they always win. I cant believe some people think the Sioux dont have a chance to win one game this weekend. We dominated CC last time, but lost 1 because of lack of scoring. CC has no depth. Minni looked unbeatable until now, they have lost 3 in a row and are having problems scoring. Remember they don't hand out trophies until march and April. Last year we swept Denver in their rink 6-2 and 8-2 (they didnt make it to final 5) and they didn't quit on the season. We are better then they were. Yes, we have been inconsistent and we still take to many penalties and unfortunately we have lost a lot of close games, but hopefully we learned a lot form them losses and we start putting it all together. Most of our loses we outplayed the other teams, we just didnt score, or find ways to win. WCHA is so good that anyone can win on anynight, but Drew started scoring and if that line gets hot and I think everyone believes Lammy will be the man in the pipes, we will be a tough team to beat. Never say never, thats why they play the game. The Viks beat the Pack last week, anything can happen.

I hope no one breaks their legs jumping off the bandwagon.  Some of you sound like Viking fans.  It's always easy to cheer for teams when they always win.  I cant believe some people think the Sioux dont have a chance to win one game this weekend.    We dominated CC last time, but lost 1 because of lack of scoring.  CC has no depth.  Minni looked unbeatable until now, they have lost 3 in a row and are having problems scoring.  Remember they don't hand out trophies until march and April.  Last year we swept Denver in their rink 6-2 and 8-2 (they didnt make it to final 5) and they didn't quit on the season.  We are better then they were.  Yes, we have been inconsistent and we still take to many penalties and unfortunately we have lost a lot of close games, but hopefully we learned a lot form them losses and we start putting it all together. Most of our loses we outplayed the other teams, we just didnt score, or find ways to win. WCHA is so good that anyone can win on anynight, but Drew started scoring and if that line gets hot and I think everyone believes Lammy will be the man in the pipes, we will be a tough team to beat. Never say never, thats why they play the game.  The Viks beat the Pack last week, anything can happen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?" :glare:

Well here's my two cents worth on this discussion. True we had CC's number but we lost by one. Furthermore, they didn't get that number one ranking from sweeping those discussin gophers for nothing. To put it another way the got that ranking the old fashion way they earn it. Now the question is what do we have to do this time & not have a repeat performance? The queston sounds simple but the answer isn't quite that simple to be honest with you. We do have our work cut out for us & if we want to make a move to that the WCHA & advance even further down the road we have to go out there & take CC & everybody else that stands in our way. It's like that old expression (please excuse my lousy spelling) fun time is over now it's time to go to work.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973

Lacks heart?  Tell that to Schneider, Prpich, Greene, Jones and Fylling.  Those guys, and numerous others, work their collective asses off week in and week out. 

As for the offer, send me your particulars and I'll mull it over.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually I think Schneider played good last weekend as well as Jones and Prpich.

If I remember right Greene didn't spend a lot of time in the box either as a result of stupid penalties. I don't understand where Fylling has been all season though.

Quinn seems to have been relegated to 4th line duty.