SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota Economy

Cratter

8 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Alerus stock is down 60% from its high.  So they've got their own problems.

They slashed many upper tier positions in Fargo. Been a total bust in the FM market. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

dougie wants to get rid of state income tax.....lfg

lol.  My wife thinks we should move to GF because I seem to like it so much (I annoy her with random facts).  This would actually make me consider that offer...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nodak651 said:

lol.  My wife thinks we should move to GF because I seem to like it so much (I annoy her with random facts).  This would actually make me consider that offer...

next....property taxes!!!

lfg

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, forksandspoons said:

Feel like this is about as legit as Fufeng.  There's a long trail of stench around Mr. Wonderful, unfortunately with no media in the market anymore to dig into this, people will never find that out until we're again left holding the bag.  If this was Berkshire Hathway there would be reason for excitement, but this feels like the Music Man, trouble in River City.

2 minutes ago, nodakvindy said:

Feel like this is about as legit as Fufeng.  There's a long trail of stench around Mr. Wonderful, unfortunately with no media in the market anymore to dig into this, people will never find that out until we're again left holding the bag.  If this was Berkshire Hathway there would be reason for excitement, but this feels like the Music Man, trouble in River City.

Are you able to elaborate on that?  This article seems to only be about a naming rights agreement, and the state of ND seems to be involved with the Thread investment and any future investment?  I get where you're coming from, and I wouldn't want to partner with the guy, personally, but I'm not aware of any scandals with him.  What seems shady about this? 

2 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Are you able to elaborate on that?  This article seems to only be about a naming rights agreement, and the state of ND seems to be involved with the Thread investment and any future investment?  I get where you're coming from, and I wouldn't want to partner with the guy, personally, but I'm not aware of any scandals with him.  What seems shady about this? 

I'm surprised that the state, and UND (who is having him as a guest speaker) have bought the hype.  Here is a good report that highlights his background The real (and shocking) story of Kevin O'Leary's business career | Canada's National Observer: Climate News. I've previously read about multiple other lawsuits related to him, it's not too hard to find online.  Just seems like a lot of questionable business practices if not outright fraud, with big promises and little follow through or projects that only benefit himself, not someone I would necessarily want to tie my community's economic reputation too. But maybe it will all work on great and this will get lots of positive attention for GF, and if so that's awesome. Consider me a skeptic.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2024 at 4:30 PM, nodak651 said:

It's turned political. He likes "tax friendly" states. And talks crap about "high tax states."

So people on the other side of the aisle attack him like McFeely has.

Celebrities get nitpicked for every little thing they do. So journalists can write articles that get clicks.

If there was anything nefarious he would have already been kicked off Shark Tank.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Cratter said:

Sad day. Lots of kids childhood memories in that building.

Another Fargo restaurant closing.

20240318_191207.jpg

Went about a couple weeks ago. If you haven’t been for a few years it’s nothing like it used to be and was a brutal experience. Pizza Ranch has a better arcade and the animatronics have been gone for a while

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Cratter said:

Sad day. Lots of kids childhood memories in that building.

Another Fargo restaurant closing.

20240318_191207.jpg

Wait a minute. I thought things like this didn't happen in Imperial Cass County. :silly:

Turns out the Center of the Known Universe isn't immune to national trends after all.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, St Patrick said:

Been to a twin cities Chuckie E. Cheese lately?  It has finally arrived in Fargo and the owners probably gave up.  We can't have nice things anymore.

explain to the ones that haven't been to a cec in tc?

• Upvote 1

On 3/18/2024 at 9:23 PM, fightingsioux4life said:

Wait a minute. I thought things like this didn't happen in Imperial Cass County. :silly:

Turns out the Center of the Known Universe isn't immune to national trends after all.

You act like that's a dig.  Chuck E Cheese failed because there are numerous other better options than a crummy, old, run-down Chuck E Cheese.  The kids aren't missing out on anything...they themselves don't ask to go there anymore.