SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Off-season Recruiting

SD UND

8 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Ok. Now where are the other 30 that were in all the articles?

Need to keep what we currently have and change the narrative.
Should (is) UND be expressing interest with him? Yes.
Is it not going to matter and he's going to end up at a high mid-major/P6? Also yes. (Still absolutely agree that should be talking with him, which I believe they are).

Answer me this, if you say UND is talking to him, why do they list the other Summit schools that reached out to him but not UND?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Answer me this, if you say UND is talking to him, why do they list the other Summit schools that reached out to him but not UND?

I didn't write the article so I don't know. It listed those as those "were among the Summit League teams that had contacted him". Meaning there were just more than that.

Answer me this, have you definitively heard from Walters or someone within the UND program that they have chosen not to reach out to him? Or are just making assumptions based off of what a writer for a Fargo paper put in there?

Which of the two things is more likely? UND wasn't one of the 50 teams named or UND hasn't reached out?
Based on what I've heard, I know what my answer is. Based on your prior comments, I assume I know which one you think is likely.

We can disagree but only a handful of people know definitively.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I didn't write the article so I don't know. It listed those as those "were among the Summit League teams that had contacted him". Meaning there were just more than that.

Answer me this, have you definitively heard from Walters or someone within the UND program that they have chosen not to reach out to him? Or are just making assumptions based off of what a writer for a Fargo paper put in there?

Which of the two things is more likely? UND wasn't one of the 50 teams named or UND hasn't reached out?
Based on what I've heard, I know what my answer is. Based on your prior comments, I assume I know which one you think is likely.

We can disagree but only a handful of people know definitively.

I can talk directly to the source if you would like.

But basically what you're saying is that people don't view UND as a good enough program to be worthy of listing them among the other 20+ schools they listed. Tells you the perception of the program. Not a good look!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

4 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Once again, Siouxsports becomes Jimmie Nation.  How have our programs possibly survived prior without the dreamy possibility of getting a Jimmie transfer?

You mean one of the top sought after transfers in the Midwest that every other mid-major D1 program in ND and the surrounding states is reaching out to??

Nobody cares what school he went to. He lives 2 hours away from Grand Forks. It is sad that we either 1. Haven't reached out or 2. Won't even be considered but schools like Omaha will. It's embarrassing for the program. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, HoopsFan03 said:

You mean one of the top sought after transfers in the Midwest that every other mid-major D1 program in ND and the surrounding states is reaching out to??

Nobody cares what school he went to. He lives 2 hours away from Grand Forks. It is sad that we either 1. Haven't reached out or 2. Won't even be considered but schools like Omaha will. It's embarrassing for the program. 

and it's been covered ad nauseam. we got it.  Hopefully he decides very soon.  

• Downvote 3

You are right it has.  But it is very frustrating as a fan of UND basketball that a North Dakota kid this close to UND either hasnt been contacted or doesnt even consider us.  He has many mid major schools looking at him.  UND not being one of them.  Every division one school in the Dakota's is listed.  I just want UND basketball to be relevant again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewUndFan said:

I just want UND basketball to be relevant again. 

I don't think anyone is arguing this.
How/where they currently are/etc, sure there are differences. But no one is against UND showing significant improvement.

• Upvote 1

If UND was one of the first to reach out to Walters and he voices that he will not consider going to UND, would you like UND to waste and inordinate amount of time recruiting a kid that isn't going to come here? 

He has 30+ schools reaching out to him.. newsflash, UND isn't going to win a recruiting battle like that, not now... not ever. That's just reality.

• Downvote 2

17 minutes ago, SD UND said:

If UND was one of the first to reach out to Walters and he voices that he will not consider going to UND, would you like UND to waste and inordinate amount of time recruiting a kid that isn't going to come here? 

He has 30+ schools reaching out to him.. newsflash, UND isn't going to win a recruiting battle like that, not now... not ever. That's just reality.

News flash UND doesnt win any recruiting battles with any teams in the summit.  That is the problem.  I get if the kid doesnt want to come to a losing team at UND.  BUT it would still be nice to see that UND was on the list of schools trying to recruit a North Dakota kid.  Shows we have interest in our local talent.   I guess we will be happy getting the Doppler's of ND.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

News flash UND doesnt win any recruiting battles with any teams in the summit.  That is the problem.  I get if the kid doesnt want to come to a losing team at UND.  BUT it would still be nice to see that UND was on the list of schools trying to recruit a North Dakota kid.  Shows we have interest in our local talent.   I guess we will be happy getting the Doppler's of ND.  

Crazy to think we don't win many local recruiting battles.  

3 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

Yet we did somehow win a battle like that with everyone’s favorite player: DAE

A few people on here pointing to his tweets a couple weeks ago as a reason why Sather is the 'problem'.  So, about that Miami thing....

• Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

Yet we did somehow win a battle like that with everyone’s favorite player: DAE

Yeah, and that worked out great. 

I'm just filling everyone in with what the reality of the situation is.

Mason Walters is not going to be playing in the Summit League. Not for UND, Not for NDSU, not for SDSU, Not for USD.

9 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

Are you certain that UND didn’t reach out?  

2 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

We’re talking about recruiting, no need to bring a 22 year old kids problems outside of basketball into it. DAE had 20-30 d1 offers out of high school. We won that recruiting battle. 

I’d say he opened the door to bringing up his problems when he chose to give his opinion on UNDs coaching situation.