SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Early Departures & Portal Transfers

brianvf

1 hour ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Let’s just hope he doesn’t do this kind of thing while at UND. Terrible look.

Yeah, it’s one thing to get kicked out, it’s another to taunt the crowd when the player is obviously in severe distress.  Terrible look is right.  They better have had a talk with him about penalties and decorum.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, tnt said:

Yeah, it’s one thing to get kicked out, it’s another to taunt the crowd when the player is obviously in severe distress.  Terrible look is right.  They better have had a talk with him about penalties and decorum.

^ Yep, exactly this.

Hey @cberkas, you happen to attend this game and remember this hit?

3 hours ago, SiouxFanatic said:

^ Yep, exactly this.

Hey @cberkas, you happen to attend this game and remember this hit?

I think he was kicked out of the first game too. The hit happened on the ASU end. I think missed this game and watched it on PAC-12. If I remember right Lindenwood was winning this game. 

On thing ASU doesn't show on their broadcasts is replays of injuries.  

Also they use B1G refs this last season and not CCHA refs

8 hours ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

What makes him a good player? 9 points in 44 games in the USHL, 32 points in 55 games in the NAHL,9 points in 29 games at AIC and then a good season 29 points in 28 games at Lindenwood (with 87 PIM). He does fill a need but the numbers don't scream good player.

Watching him play. It's really that easy. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

What makes him a good player? 9 points in 44 games in the USHL, 32 points in 55 games in the NAHL,9 points in 29 games at AIC and then a good season 29 points in 28 games at Lindenwood (with 87 PIM). He does fill a need but the numbers don't scream good player.

Guys like Jamernik and Steph Pattyn’s numbers don't scream good players either

if Johannes is Judd’s replacement, I love it.   
Nothing personal against Caulfield, but he was the embodiment of this year’s squad….  inconsistent and always left you wanting more.    

Johannes looks to be a no-nonsense, big, mean, intense and physical player who can add some points here and there.  Hopefully with his age and experience he can add some leadership too; something this years team was sorely lacking as well.  

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Today would be a good day to learn about an incoming defenseman or two* ... or three. Right-handed shot if I get a choice. 

*That's everyday for the last month or so ... ???

You are right - today is the day.

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2023/4/11/mens-hockey-garrett-pyke-transfers-to-north-dakota-for-2023-24-season.aspx

3 minutes ago, Dustin said:

We knew that already. (And Pyke is a LH shot.)

I'm looking for fresh produce. My guess is they'll roll those out for Persson, Berg, and Johannes over the next 48 hours to distract us from the reality of Pyke plus four for sure freshmen defensemen being all we have. 

21 hours ago, AJS said:

Does anyone else find it frustrating that there are only TWO freshman forwards they feel are ready to come in? Why is that an issue? Because it looks like they are going to add 3 from the portal. Also sounds like they will end up going 4 Freshman / 4 Portal on defense. 1 Freshman / 1 Portal in Goal. I really like the pipeline they have, but clearly they don't have enough. The University spends more money on their program than any other school in the country. They should not have to rely on the portal like this. Here's to hoping this off-season is just one giant reset from last year's disaster.

I honestly think this is the “reset”. The roster is lopsided from F to D belittled that’s the predicament we’re in. Is that on the coaches…probably but again those guys are great and hopefully work out of it by 24-25. TBH, there’s only 2 freshman F I would bring in, no one else is ready, or of age from my angle. Croal is the closest but he won’t be drafted and allowing him to play another year of juniors, on the PP, etc would pay huge dividends down the road. Plus he’s probably going to be a 4 yr guy. He’s a bit streaky at the moment.