SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-2024 Season

UND-SPORTS-FAN

6 minutes ago, Dustin said:

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2023/10/18/mens-basketball-north-dakota-to-appear-on-cbs-sports-network-three-times.aspx

So according to this article, the conference championship will televised by CBS Sports Network.  It used to be on one of the ESPN networks (as were just about every conference that isn't Power 5).  I get CBS Sports but I pay extra for it, so it's not a matter of not being able to watch it, but I do feel like that's a step down in visibility during the hype leading up to selection Sunday.

https://www.extrapointsmb.com/p/heres-summit-leagues-new-tv-deal-unique?utm_source=www.extrapointsmb.com&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=here-s-why-the-summit-league-s-new-tv-deal-is-so-unique

3 hours ago, SD UND said:

Correct, we all understand that shooting is probably going to cost UND a couple games this year because there will be nights where they go 5-25 from 3. Where I think they will be better is scoring in transition and in the paint. Noone is arguing with you that shooting is a concern, because it is. 

Brady will play 20+ minutes a night, not because of his shooting or lack of shooting. He has a great feel on the court, he makes a ton of hustle plays, he makes the right play most of the time, and is no question the leader of this team. 

So yes, UND isn't going to play like they did last year where they hucked up 35+ 3's a night... they're going to have to run more and attack the basket in the full court and the half court and the 30% 3 point shooters are going to have to kick a few wide open 3's in a game.

My guess is you see these 8 a lot assuming Tyree is ineligible

Eli

Brady

Treysen

BJ

Elijah

Deng

T

Amar

It will be important for Trey to continue to shoot at a high percentage and the floor should open up if T can continue to pull 5's out.

I’d think that Mambourou Mara should see significant minutes. 
Brady should be a 10-12 minute guy.  Bring energy and hustle when the team needs it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dustin said:

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2023/10/18/mens-basketball-north-dakota-to-appear-on-cbs-sports-network-three-times.aspx

So according to this article, the conference championship will televised by CBS Sports Network.  It used to be on one of the ESPN networks (as were just about every conference that isn't Power 5).  I get CBS Sports but I pay extra for it, so it's not a matter of not being able to watch it, but I do feel like that's a step down in visibility during the hype leading up to selection Sunday.

Agreed 100% 

but hearvthen we don’t have to have title game in a Tuesday night

20 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

I’d think that Mambourou Mara should see significant minutes. 
Brady should be a 10-12 minute guy.  Bring energy and hustle when the team needs it.

He has averaged 20.1 mpg in his career. 26.3 mpg last year... that will not change this season, IMO.

• Downvote 2

Just now, SD UND said:

He has averaged 20.1 mpg in his career. 26.3 mpg last year... that will not change this season, IMO.

And how has that worked out so far for team success the last 3 years? You can't win at this level with a guy like that playing that many minutes. And that's not on Brady D. That's on the coaches. 

He is a 4-5 minutes per half guy, at most. Bring some energy. Try draw a charge. Make a big steal. Offensive rebound and putback. And that is it. But, he is Sather's guy so he's going to continue to play more than he should like always. 

Truthfully, he should have been asked to be a GA this year. And then used his scholarship to get somebody that can shoot the ball. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, dmksioux said:

Where do you see Mara fitting?  You didn’t list him in your 8 players who will get significant minutes.

No clue on him... My guess is it will take a little bit of time until he is ready to contribute but I honestly do not know on him.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

And how has that worked out so far for team success the last 3 years? You can't win at this level with a guy like that playing that many minutes. And that's not on Brady D. That's on the coaches. 

He is a 4-5 minutes per half guy, at most. Bring some energy. Try draw a charge. Make a big steal. Offensive rebound and putback. And that is it. But, he is Sather's guy so he's going to continue to play more than he should like always. 

Truthfully, he should have been asked to be a GA this year. And then used his scholarship to get somebody that can shoot the ball. 

As the old saying goes “Talent beats hard work when hard work isn’t talented”. 10th and 9th place finishes ain’t cutting it. Plenty of talent on roster now. Focus on developing that talent!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigTymePhan said:

Rumor has it, we played in a secret game today against another school. Any body know the result of that?

They scrimmaged Green Bay at a site in Minneapolis, all I heard is that UND played well.  

On 10/18/2023 at 2:11 PM, HoopsFan03 said:

brady should've been a one year gap filler yet he's still hanging around............

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, HoopsFan03 said:

I heard Ben Johnson was in attendance. Also heard he was drooling over Omot.

Ben Johnson was in Fort Collins as they scrimmaged Colorado State. The reported score on Twitter was they lost by like 40 however coming from very very good sources that information is coming from a young kid and not real accurate. 

They work like 3-4 different periods/situations in these scrimmages and some teams play their regular lineups while others work a lot of combos you probably wouldn't see much come regular season. I know the Gophers played Parker Fox a ton since he is coming back from back to back injury years and his expected role this year is probably under 10 minutes a game.

47 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Ben Johnson was in Fort Collins as they scrimmaged Colorado State. The reported score on Twitter was they lost by like 40 however coming from very very good sources that information is coming from a young kid and not real accurate. 

They work like 3-4 different periods/situations in these scrimmages and some teams play their regular lineups while others work a lot of combos you probably wouldn't see much come regular season. I know the Gophers played Parker Fox a ton since he is coming back from back to back injury years and his expected role this year is probably under 10 minutes a game.

Yeah I was joking. Ben Johnson was obviously not at the UND scrimmage

On 10/18/2023 at 1:35 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

Trying to follow UND sports is getting expensive.  So now I need an nchc sub for hockey, espn plus sub for football, and now I also need a summit league streaming package for basketball.  Oh and make sure you have a serviCe that Carrie’s CBS sports network for select games and tournament.

• Upvote 1