SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-24 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

AlphaMikeFoxtrot

1 hour ago, SuhakiYeahYeah said:

Hot take: I think Red Pepper is horrendously overrated. I anticipate pitchforks and torches at my house if this gets out to the college students.

It's definitely good, but not nearly as good as people make it out to be.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2023 at 9:27 PM, fightingsioux4life said:

Exactly. We face serious challenges as a program and athletic department, but the whole "there's nothing we can do about it" attitude is infuriating as a lifelong fan of this school.

Oh it can be fixed, and in a big way. The same Big advantages working  against us now can be emulated logarithmically at UND, and make us a monster program. We, as in the fans, boosters, and administration, have to demand excellence. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cberkas said:

So UND out spends all on the B1G. St. Cloud is the lowest NCHC team and Arizona State spends around what a group of the NCHC teams spends.

Will that number go down since the NODAK jerseys got put in the closet?

23 hours ago, shep said:

Seriously? A Chipotle is the key to hockey success?

They Mayor has NO authority or ability to bring it to GF. This is capitalism. If they want to come they come unless you expect the Mayor to give tax credits that all other restaurants did not get.

Haha I was thinking the same thing. Cooley legitimately has a deal with Chipotle…that’s why the comment was so funny.

It's not like we don't have resources - I believe that the future of our program depends on how stubborn and resistant to change Berry is.  Our lack of recruiting success has put us in a hole we need climb out of.  No way we should be here but we need to turn this around immediately.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cberkas said:

So UND out spends all on the B1G. St. Cloud is the lowest NCHC team and Arizona State spends around what a group of the NCHC teams spends.

There is so much to dig into here. I wonder what kind of expenditures count as hockey spending? Facility maintenance and upgrades, I presume? Coaches salaries, certainly.

Nevertheless, Wisconsin is getting terrible return on investment. QU and Mankato, on the other hand, are getting a lot for their hockey dollars. 

I am encouraged to see UND at the top of the spending heap because it shows our commitment to hockey. Now we need to turn that commitment—and those dollars—into more wins and more banners. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

I've never had Chipotle,  perhaps I should go and order a Cooley sammich.....   long on sauce, bit of tears, and sends me to the box.

You’ve never had chipotle!?!?! Craziest thing I’ve heard today 

40 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

I've never had Chipotle,  perhaps I should go and order a Cooley sammich.....   long on sauce, bit of tears, and sends me to the box.

As you can see, they’ve sold a few burritos over the years…

FBD26553-9433-47FB-9195-D3DE5D17F792.png

54 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Tastes pretty good at the start but quite bitter at the finish.