SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-24 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

AlphaMikeFoxtrot

This seems like an appropriate time and place to ask this.    And when I use the term "they," I mean to include myself, because we all seem to identify as ledgies at one time or another.  

How can you tell when someone has actually jumped?   Is there some kind of declaration or code phrase they use, or can you just tell?   I mean, the ledge can be totally crowded one day and then have all the room in the world barely a week later.   

Along those same lines, how do you recognize those who constantly climb off and back on again?  Are there marks on their hands and knees, a look in their eyes; or is it in the words they use?   

Lastly, is ledgie behavior the same behavior that makes us, as parents, become ugly at our kids' games?

Oh, and is there a ledgie hotline or a bar somewhere where we can work through our bouts of ledginess.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, burd said:

This seems like an appropriate time and place to ask this.    And when I use the term "they," I mean to include myself, because we all seem to identify as ledgies at one time or another.  

How can you tell when someone has actually jumped?   Is there some kind of declaration or code phrase they use, or can you just tell?   I mean, the ledge can be totally crowded one day and then have all the room in the world barely a week later.   

Along those same lines, how do you recognize those who constantly climb off and back on again?  Are there marks on their hands and knees, a look in their eyes; or is it in the words they use?   

Lastly, is ledgie behavior the same behavior that makes us, as parents, become ugly at our kids' games?

Oh, and is there a ledgie hotline or a bar somewhere where we can work through our bouts of ledginess.  

image.thumb.jpg.de81e6a5e8cfebc5bd202da16d5a9b02.jpg

5 hours ago, burd said:

There is nothing you can do. It is unavoidable.

On 2/15/2024 at 3:29 PM, stoneySIOUX said:

In defense of Bubs (I think Mayotte will likely win it, and should), he turned around AN ENTIRE DCorps and added a new goaltender. That's a helluva recruiting and coaching job

Who are we thinking on coach of the year at this point? lol sorry…too fun to ignore.

Yes Berry really has done great but Mayotte  has done better.

11 hours ago, hockeytherapy13 said:

Who are we thinking on coach of the year at this point? lol sorry…too fun to ignore.

Now we will see how these coaches respond to a major game-coaching test.   The film of those two games will soon, if not already, get some prime time viewing by other staffs, and you can bet other teams will learn from it and try to emulate parts of what CC managed to do. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, hockeytherapy13 said:

Has he? Beating UND is one thing, but UND has still had a better season. Btw, I did say Mayotte would win it lol

UND had better figure out the "one-four, collapsing box at the blue" trap and fast. Others will see that tape. 

Personally, they want to do that, dump it and beat the livin' dogsnot out of the retrieving D. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

UND had better figure out the "one-four, collapsing box at the blue" trap and fast. Others will see that tape. 

Personally, they want to do that, dump it and beat the livin' dogsnot out of the retrieving D. 

They beat it repeatedly on Saturday, especially in the first 40, but didn't bury the puck. 

The second sentence is the key. Paging Mr. Johannes. 

On 2/17/2024 at 7:23 AM, burd said:

Ledgies lolol

• Upvote 2

To the people saying that the tape is out on UND.  Are you sure the teams UND will be playing down the stretch have the type of players(See Mberko) or dedication to this style of play? I don't see BU or Michigan dropping into a 1-4 trap no matter how successful it was in a couple series. CC was impressively efficient at it and they seem to have the full team buy in that it's what they will be doing exclusively.  Pair that with a ridiculously good goalie and you have a scary team to play in the postseason.  I'm telling myself this is just a bad matchup for UND, hopefully this coming weekend proves that out.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Has he? Beating UND is one thing, but UND has still had a better season. Btw, I did say Mayotte would win it lol

Has Mayotte done a better job with what he has compared to Berry doing what he's done with our talent? Then yes, Mayotte wins. And I'm still saying Berry has done a really good job and I still want him as our coach. But Mayotte is easily the NCHC coach of the year. I know you can't really admit that on a public forum but Mayotte has done an incredible job this season in the conference from a coaching standpoint with Berry being number 2.