SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Football Season

Midwestern Hawk

This team does have a lot of “knowns”, still some questions, but a higher level of comfort than most years. 

With that in mind, this season to me boils down to as always staying healthy in key spots, but also have 3 or 4 guys completely exceed (from a fan standpoint) expectations / take their game to the next level. 

That could be a guy like Pedigo playing at an All-Conference level. Fort / Buckner solidifying a Safety position and raising that up to a much higher level than last year. One of the transfers being a true starter level talent on the D-Line. A RS Freshman jumping up the depth chart.

I think they are that close to taking that next step. 

• Upvote 2

Tommy is the guy BUT as other have stated, I really hope he has spent the summer working on that long ball. He seems to add a new element to his game every year. Last year we finally saw him run when the opportunities were there. This year he needs to continue to build on that AND hit some deep balls, some of that is accuracy and some of that is trusting your receivers to make plays.

Defense could be interesting this year. Hope some guys are ready to step up. I thought I read something before about them simplifying the defense which could be a huge help. The question beyond that; is the talent there and do we have enough guys that can make plays?

My biggest hope as we head into camp .... PLEASE STAY HEALTHY!!! The Lotysz news really bums me out, but fortunately. O-Line has been built into a team strength in a relatively short period of time.

2 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Tommy is the guy BUT as other have stated, I really hope he has spent the summer working on that long ball. He seems to add a new element to his game every year. Last year we finally saw him run when the opportunities were there. This year he needs to continue to build on that AND hit some deep balls, some of that is accuracy and some of that is trusting your receivers to make plays.

Defense could be interesting this year. Hope some guys are ready to step up. I thought I read something before about them simplifying the defense which could be a huge help. The question beyond that; is the talent there and do we have enough guys that can make plays?

My biggest hope as we head into camp .... PLEASE STAY HEALTHY!!! The Lotysz news really bums me out, but fortunately. O-Line has been built into a team strength in a relatively short period of time.

I haven't seen Greg Lotysz around as much in the past...is he still a full time GF'er?  Does he "help" out coaching with Bubba?

One of the nicest guys you could ever meet....sucks about Peyton and his injury bc he had a mean streak on that o-line!

• Upvote 1

I agree that Tommy needs to improve on accuracy with the long ball. I still think part of the problem is if our guy only has a step on him he tends to overshoot the WR to avoid a potential pick.  Need to let the WR make a play on some of those deep balls or get a pass interference. 

• Upvote 2

On 7/24/2023 at 8:32 AM, CMSioux said:

UND discussion starts at 11:25, around 14:50. when asked about Weber getting to host over UND, Patty says that there has never been a time when the higher bidding team didn't host. The host suggests that SU's Larsen did nothing to stop Weber from hosting, just to hurt UND, Patty says "Sometimes you shouldn't confuse conspiracy theories with incompetence".  

I've always thought Matt Larsen is the biggest slime ball you could find.  I heard him on the radio once at halftime, had to listen to the NDSU version of the game because no UND station where I was at the time.   He just comes across as something worse than a used car dealer.   I'm not surprised Patty calls him incompetent.  I'm sure she had other names for him but was too much of lady to use them.

• Like 1

I would be very surprised if UND makes it a game against Boise St. Not anything against UND. I just see Boise State play Wyoming alot and Boise State looks like a group of giants comparably. Boise State is the real thing when it comes to football. 

6 minutes ago, 108498 said:

I would be very surprised if UND makes it a game against Boise St. Not anything against UND. I just see Boise State play Wyoming alot and Boise State looks like a group of giants comparably. Boise State is the real thing when it comes to football. 

at the end of the day they are still just boise state community college....

we can beat them but it will take o, d, and special teams to do it.

2 hours ago, 108498 said:

Very tough game no doubt. But any given Saturday.......make it happen! 

12 hours ago, 108498 said:

This comment says way more about UND being sh*t than it says anything about Boise State. How do you think NDSU or SDSU would fare? Yeah, this comment just sh*ts on UND, even if you don’t realize it; and with the “Not anything against UND” crap. Boise State isn’t a juggernaut by any means, but they are a solid non-Power 5 program, which should also be UND football’s goal. 

Based on how 2021 vs Utah State went, I get the concerns, though. 

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

This comment says way more about UND being sh*t than it says anything about Boise State. How do you think NDSU or SDSU would fare? Yeah, this comment just sh*ts on UND, even if you don’t realize it; and with the “Not anything against UND” crap. Boise State isn’t a juggernaut by any means, but they are a solid non-Power 5 program, which should also be UND football’s goal. 

Based on how 2021 vs Utah State went, I get the concerns, though. 

24-17 v Neb in the 3rd

27-24 v USU in the 3rd 

things can happen