SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Youngstown 10/8/22

SiouxFan100

Hawks Win 35-30 In Yet Another Wildly Entertaining Game - UND Football 360

This quote I found really interesting. I did mention before, but points given up in the 2nd half the last two games has been pretty good, so not necessarily surprised, but it's nice others are starting to see some positive progress made defensively. 

I am in a love/hate process right now with the UND defense – LOL. They look good, fit stuff up, tackle well for a drive. Then the next drive the opposing offense goes right down the field with little resistance. They will give up a few drives like that in a row before suddenly buckling down again.

But, what I am seeing is this defense seems to gel and gain confidence as games go on into the 4th quarter. They came up with a 3-and-out early in the fourth, gave up a long TD drive to make it 35-30, but then got the BIG stop on the final drive of the game to seal it. This tells me they are a work in progress, which we all know to be true. It’s getting there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hardcore Hawk said:

Yeah, needs to stop standing over the opposing receiver and flexing in his face, that's going to get him sometime soon if he doesn't stop

Yep, can't remember what game it was but he did exactly that and it was late in the game at a crucial time.  I was shocked he didn't get called for it.  I think on this past Saturday after making one nice play he did kind of flex but was facing away from the player...that's not so bad.  And on the 2 point break up which was a great play, I was waiting for him to do something but he just pretty much turned around and didn't celebrate much...that was nice to see.  Definitely ok to get pumped after a big play, I like that he has that confidence and a little swagger.....you kind of need that as a DB, just have to be careful what you do.  Go celebrate with your teammates about it, don't stare down and get into the other guys face over it...eventually that will cost us 15 yards. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, ToDaClub said:

From the replay angle that i saw, it appeared he took a knee to his groin/privates when they did the chest bump.  I think that was what happened.  

A friend of mine told me today that the radio program in GF said it was a cramp.  Guess that sounds better than a kick to the ......

2 hours ago, AJS said:

Hawks Win 35-30 In Yet Another Wildly Entertaining Game - UND Football 360

This quote I found really interesting. I did mention before, but points given up in the 2nd half the last two games has been pretty good, so not necessarily surprised, but it's nice others are starting to see some positive progress made defensively. 

I am in a love/hate process right now with the UND defense – LOL. They look good, fit stuff up, tackle well for a drive. Then the next drive the opposing offense goes right down the field with little resistance. They will give up a few drives like that in a row before suddenly buckling down again.

But, what I am seeing is this defense seems to gel and gain confidence as games go on into the 4th quarter. They came up with a 3-and-out early in the fourth, gave up a long TD drive to make it 35-30, but then got the BIG stop on the final drive of the game to seal it. This tells me they are a work in progress, which we all know to be true. It’s getting there.

Sounds about right. Growing pains this year at some spots

• Like 1