SiouxSports.com Forum

Let's Help Bubba 8

UND Fan

10 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

Do other similarly situated institutions have NLI groups?  If so, do they generally try to provide a payment across the board to all players or use the funds to try to attract specific higher end athletes.   

I don't have a clear picture as to how to best utilize NLI at the FCS level to try to achieve a competitive advantage.

Would think that with a small nil fund keying in on specific positions would have the most impact.  

8 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

The publicity for SS wouldn't hurt either.

I don't disagree with these posts.  I will look into it but I don't think we could use the Foundations system to collect the $ (as we have done with all the previous drives).

6 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

I don't disagree with these posts.  I will look into it but I don't think we could use the Foundations system to collect the $ (as we have done with all the previous drives).

No problem.  I hear Gfhockey has lots of experience handling money.

43 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Sounds like a losing strategy at UND.

The easiest way is probably a shotgun approach by position group like the Texas O-lineman. (which started at $50,000/year but I see it's up to $150,000 now) No wonder these players need agents now.  Half these students probably make more than their parents.  This is going well.

The Pancake Factory is set to begin August 1, 2022, with a total of $800,000 annually earmarked for the offensive line sponsorship. This, along with the Clark Field Collective, another company sponsoring Texas players, means each Texas OL will be making at least $150,000 per season.

And when a top-rated FCS OL sees this, his eyes will get as big as watermelons and into the transfer portal he will probably go.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

And that is totally fine. There are several examples out there as a basis, and they are separate from the Universities’ alumni foundations. 

10 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

And when a top-rated FCS OL sees this, his eyes will get as big as watermelons and into the transfer portal he will probably go.

Absolutely!!......unfortunately.  I will let the o-lineman at NDSU know this via a handwritten message from Austin.  Texas copied the hand sign so that part of the transition will be easy.

24 minutes ago, Really? said:

I'm guessing any NIL collective started at UND will funnel money to the football program ONLY after all the hockey players are well taken care of!!

NIL Collectives can be sport specific, position specific, and player specific but seems like it's trickier at the player specific level.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

Do other similarly situated institutions have NLI groups?  If so, do they generally try to provide a payment across the board to all players or use the funds to try to attract specific higher end athletes.   

I don't have a clear picture as to how to best utilize NLI at the FCS level to try to achieve a competitive advantage.

Montana State announced they are launching a Football NLI collective.  

How to best utilize the funds is open for debate........

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

If we (supporters) want UND to ascend, let’s be honest; let’s bolster the quarterback position. 

QB and OL would be the two key spots for me.  If we swapped NDSU's OL last year with our OL we win that game last year.  We could have kept our QB because Patterson didn't do much other than a couple decent runs.

As The Sic. has been mentioning our University has put on the blinders and will not touch this.......I am hearing.  But we, or anyone, or any company doesn't need their permission either to do it, so that's a net win in my book.  Do we have any attorneys on the form?  Please get started.

Just now, gundy1124 said:

As The Sic. has been mentioning our University has put on the blinders and will not touch this.......I am hearing.  But we, or anyone, or any company doesn't need their permission either to do it, so that's a net win in my book.  Do we have any attorneys on the form?  Please get started.

I'm not saying that. I'm saying the university can't touch/handle the money. 

Blinders on... no football money until hockey is paid for...

Some of you love to hate your favorite University so much that you won't believe what you read. YOU, yes you, can start one of these things and fund the third string place holder if that's what you want to do. The university CAN NOT be involved.

1 minute ago, N of GF said:

Blinders on... no football money until hockey is paid for...

Some of you love to hate your favorite University so much that you won't believe what you read. YOU, yes you, can start one of these things and fund the third string place holder if that's what you want to do. The university CAN NOT be involved.

Hockey has Vegas money.

• Like 1