SiouxSports.com Forum

Let's Help Bubba 8

UND Fan

17 minutes ago, N of GF said:

Blinders on... no football money until hockey is paid for...

Some of you love to hate your favorite University so much that you won't believe what you read. YOU, yes you, can start one of these things and fund the third string place holder if that's what you want to do. The university CAN NOT be involved.

Advocating and researching, not hating.  

https://hornswithheart.org/

HawkswithHeart.  Copy and Paste.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, N of GF said:

Blinders on... no football money until hockey is paid for...

Some of you love to hate your favorite University so much that you won't believe what you read. YOU, yes you, can start one of these things and fund the third string place holder if that's what you want to do. The university CAN NOT be involved.

Although there should have been a smoked filled room and bourbon and this should be off the ground already in my opinion.  A NLI Collective I think that's what the NCAA is calling it........the technical term for paying players now.

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

Although there should have been a smoked filled room and bourbon and this should be off the ground already in my opinion.  A NLI Collective I think that's what the NCAA is calling it........the technical term for paying players now.

I hate this whole paying for players thing in general, however it's the environment now and is going to need to be what's done to keep up with the other schools. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Yeah, the institutions need to play a role with NIL, it just so happens it might be unwritten. Grand Forks is a perfect community for NIL and recruiting college football players. For example, Lincoln and UNL Cornhusker FB program have a great partnership for NIL. 

Rydell's, Altru, etc. all great possibilities to help *legally* recruit top football student-athletes to Grand Forks via NIL. The details are bit unclear right now from my perspective, but if there’s a will, there’s certainly a way with this. 

All you have to do is develop an independent fund raising arm like many of the bigs have. Thats where a lot of the money comes from to buy out coaches contracts. The schools dont actually cough that money up.

Sanction a independent arm authorized to administer and gather NIL funds.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, bison73 said:

All you have to do is develop an independent fund raising arm like many of the bigs have. Thats where a lot of the money comes from to buy out coaches contracts. The schools dont actually cough that money up.

Sanction a independent arm authorized to administer and gather NIL funds.

That much is obvious. 

7 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Why not call it the Sioux Collective? This isn’t affiliated with the university anyways so why not.

Why pay the hockey players when no one else is yet? Pay the football players so they do not leave for FBS

You can be assured that the P5 schools are already "paying their players!

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...