SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Non-UND FCS thread

The Sicatoka

6 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

UND offense needs to take that game over.  

This exactly.  Attack mentality all game.  Don't play scared.  They are going to score on us.  Probably 24+ with our defense.  Win the toss, take the ball, and start scoring. 

(Easier said than done. :lol:)

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

So. If bison lose to SIU and beat UND. SiU beats YSU. They would be 7-4. UND would be 7-4.  Only one would make the playoffs.  And SIU beat us guess who gets in.

I don't think it's a given that only 3 get in from MVFC, especially since we will have a top 5 SOS and wins over 2 ranked teams (Youngstown and Abeline Christian). 

43 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

I don't think it's a given that only 3 get in from MVFC, especially since we will have a top 5 SOS and wins over 2 ranked teams (Youngstown and Abeline Christian). 

Some other conferences would nothing better then a weak SoS for a 8-3 team from their conference.

22 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

He embarrassed us last year.

Travis Theis is a Luepke jr., so he’s a good warm up for UND before they face the real thing in Fargo.

Who’s gonna be the most physical team the next couple weeks? It’s November football, baby!

UND’s secondary has been scary bad, but I have some faith, just some, left over for the front 7 of UND’s defense still. 

38 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Attempted 5. Completed 3.
Actually 4, since WIU caught one as well.

I'm sorry (not really), but we have to put that team away this year.  We seem to have the far superior offense.  Sounds like we just need to hold their ground game in check.  here's to 40 minutes of TOP!

22 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Sounds like we just need to hold their ground game in check.  here's to 40 minutes of TOP!

Easier said than done...until we actually accomplish this, I won't hold my breath!

Sounds like the Bison threw it a bunch against ISU the week before.  If you don't have to throw, why would you? 

There are only three things that can happen on a pass, and two of them are bad!"  ~ Woody Hayes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

This is the one time in my life I want NDSU to win, assures SIU is out of the playoffs.  They are the only team that has the advantage on us in a tiebreaker situation.  

i thought 7 wins guaranteed us the playoffs............asking for a friend that was saying not so fast....

Should we beat NDSU next week and SIU beats them, and YSU wins out.  UND, SIU, and NDSU are all 7-4 with NDSU losing to both schools.  YSU would be 8-3.  Could Bison be out of the playoffs?  I bet all of the sudden people will be thinking the MVFC should get 5 in instead of some people now saying 2 in lol  

Just now, Dustin said:

If we beat NDSU we would be 8-3.

Oh haha yeah!  Even better.  SIU and NDSU would be tied at 7-4 with SIU having the tie breaker.    I think my subconcious mind can't let us get to 8-3 because it's been so long, hoping we do!