SiouxSports.com Forum

'24-'25 Recruiting

UND Fan

9 hours ago, UND Football Fan said:

Schiller has quickness and is a state champion 400 meter runner. Most get players to compliment her and be able to play some defense. 

I believe Schiller has a cross country championship as well

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UND92,96 said:

I have had the opportunity to watch Schiller play every game for the past few seasons, and I don't think there was ever a game where she wasn't clearly the best player on the floor, and that includes multiple games against Logan Nissley and LeeLee Bell. She's just relentless on both ends of the floor. I have followed ND girls basketball since the mid-1980's, and I haven't seen a better or more complete guard. Not even close.

Good to hear from you old friend

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, UND92,96 said:

I have had the opportunity to watch Schiller play every game for the past few seasons, and I don't think there was ever a game where she wasn't clearly the best player on the floor, and that includes multiple games against Logan Nissley and LeeLee Bell. She's just relentless on both ends of the floor. I have followed ND girls basketball since the mid-1980's, and I haven't seen a better or more complete guard. Not even close.

We've got her and Pemberton to build around, maybe 1 or 2 others.  We're going to need 3-4 more very good recruits in order to crack the top 3 in the Summit, recruits with a heart to play both ends of the floor.

11 minutes ago, UND92,96 said:

I would really like to see UND talk to both Jersey Berg from Bismarck and Karly Franks from Davies as potential PWO's. I have heard that Franks will be attending UND. She's a lights-out 3-point shooter. Berg is Hunter Berg's daughter, shoots the ball really well and is a taller perimeter player at about 5'11".

Franks has offers from UJ and Concordia but I agree. Give her a chance at UND. Shooters can shoot. UND doesn't have one of those.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, UND92,96 said:

I agree...the Bell comparison is interesting.  If LeeLee played with the fire on both ends of the floor that Schiller brings...it probably wouldn't even be close.  Bell has a higher ceiling...but Schiller gets more out of what she has.  There are a lot of big schools betting on whether or not they can get Bell to play as hard without the ball in her hands as she does with it.  We'll see if it works out for them...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MoSiouxFan said:

We've got her and Pemberton to build around, maybe 1 or 2 others.  We're going to need 3-4 more very good recruits in order to crack the top 3 in the Summit, recruits with a heart to play both ends of the floor.

There will definitely also be some addition by subtraction - bank on it. 

• Upvote 4

42 minutes ago, UND08 said:

I agree...the Bell comparison is interesting.  If LeeLee played with the fire on both ends of the floor that Schiller brings...it probably wouldn't even be close.  Bell has a higher ceiling...but Schiller gets more out of what she has.  There are a lot of big schools betting on whether or not they can get Bell to play as hard without the ball in her hands as she does with it.  We'll see if it works out for them...

I'd be shocked if Bell pans out at P5 program. One trick ponies are team killers.....then they eventually sit. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I'd be shocked if Bell pans out at P5 program. One trick ponies are team killers.....then they eventually sit. 

I mean...I wasn't going to say it out loud...but I fully agree...

31 minutes ago, SIOUX29 said:

Bell is only 15 years old, and 6'3". What is her only one trick? She scores, rebounds and brings the ball up the court. That's 3, no? 

I agree. She will work out just fine. She has an insane work ethic for someone her age as well. 

1 hour ago, SIOUX29 said:

Bell is only 15 years old, and 6'3". What is her only one trick? She scores, rebounds and brings the ball up the court. That's 3, no? 

Guess we will see. Rebounding and defense at the next level aren't a sure thing. She can definitely score but so can 90% of recruits at the P5 level. That's why UND getting Schiller is huge. Plays both end with relentless motor. 

• 1 month later...

NDSU has been adding players recently, they look to be good fits for them with playing experience and size to their roster. On our front things seem to have gone quiet with no new player additions or higher in of assistant coach. Also USD will be having coaching change with Karius moving on. Will be interesting how that affects that program.  I hope this is not repeat of last year where things are not finalized until late summer. This team needs  to be settled then need to work very hard in off season to get better they need to work on defense and then get offense that compliments their players strengths. I also thought their would be more player movement but I doubt we will see much changes now.