SiouxSports.com Forum

cberkas

Nathan Airey, a goalie from the BCHL committed to Minnesota. Appears to have better numbers than Hedquist.  Hopefully Hedquist can make the transition to college fast.  Watching Basse for St. Cloud last weekend, it is nice to have a bigger goalie that the puck hits when the goalies eyes are taken away.  Not as many Karl Goehring types around anymore. 

16 hours ago, tnt said:

Nathan Airy, a goalie from the BCHL committed to Minnesota. Appears to have better numbers than Hedquist.  Hopefully Hedquist can make the transition to college fast.  Watching Basse for St. Cloud last weekend, it is nice to have a bigger goalie that the puck hits when the goalies eyes are taken away.  Not as many Karl Goehring types around anymore. 

Apparently, the NHL won't look at goalies under six feet anymore. Look at the size of UMD's goalie Zach Stejskal he's 6'5" and covers a lot of the net by default. I'd like to see UND get some bigger goalies like Adam Scheel. 

• Upvote 1

I didn’t know where to put this. I just saw Halliday was up for b10 National rookie of the year (30 pts in 28 games)

Looking back at our recruiting, the collection of kids that didn’t make it to campus (or at least didn’t play for us) is amazing. Morrow, Rizzo, Halliday, Miller….am I missing anyone? 

59 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I didn’t know where to put this. I just saw Halliday was up for b10 National rookie of the year (30 pts in 28 games)

Looking back at our recruiting, the collection of kids that didn’t make it to campus (or at least didn’t play for us) is amazing. Morrow, Rizzo, Halliday, Miller….am I missing anyone? 

Brendan Lemieux de-committed I am glad he never made it here. There was another kid that committed and decommitted, his dad was a producer for the Two and Half Men Citicom until Charlie Sean left the show. His name escapes me. 

9 minutes ago, Goon said:

Brendan Lemieux de-committed I am glad he never made it here. There was another kid that committed and decommitted, his dad was a producer for the Two and Half Men Citicom until Charlie Sean left the show. His name escapes me. 

Now I might be hallucinating, or recalling a nightmare, but wasn't UND after a well known horror film director's son at one time, but not sure he even committed.  

8 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Now I might be hallucinating, or recalling a nightmare, but wasn't UND after a well-known horror film director's son at one time, but not sure he even committed.  

I am not sure we're thinking about the same kid.

1 minute ago, Goon said:

I am not sure we're thinking about the same kid.

Here's the list of decomitted recruits. It was Miles Koules. His dad is Oren Koules. 

One team, the University of North Dakota has had four players in two seasons decommit and go the CHL route instead, (J.T. Miller, Miles Koules, Steafan Matteau, Brendan Lemiuex).

13 minutes ago, tnt said:

We’ve benefitted from decomitted recruits as well.  Let’s get a list of them as well.  Jason Gregoire, Gage Ausmus, Gaber, Colton St. Clair, Brock Boeser to name a few.

IIRC Stecher was also a player that decomitted from another school and came to UND. 

9 minutes ago, Goon said:

IIRC Stecher was also a player that decomitted from another school and came to UND. 

Yes , from Omaha. I think McLaughlin and Emerson will both be ones that we will be ecstatic with by the time their college careers are over.

6 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Neither USCHO nor CHN have updated their PWR to reflect that RIT game yet.
They both still show RIT as 19-8-1 and #18 (which is what they were prior to the game).
Their record is now 19-9-1.

Got it. Slow they are!