SiouxSports.com Forum

cberkas

USCHO First Bracket look:

https://www.uscho.com/2023/02/22/bracketology-first-edition-proves-that-there-might-be-some-extreme-difficulties-in-seeding-this-season/

So the final brackets are:

Fargo

1. Minnesota
  2. Ohio State
  3. Michigan Tech
  4. RIT

Allentown

1. Michigan
  2. Penn State
  3. Minnesota State
  4. Omaha

Bridgeport

1. Quinnipiac
  2. Western Michigan
  3. Boston University
  4. Cornell

Manchester

1. Denver
  2. St. Cloud State
  3. Harvard
  4. Northeastern

That’s what we have for this week. Plenty of time for these regions to shift, not to mention the teams inside the bubble.

Last four in: Omaha, Northeastern, Cornell and Atlantic Hockey champion (RIT)
Last four out: Notre Dame, Alaska, Michigan State, Merrimack

I guess it must have slipped his mind that QU and Cornell can't play in the 1st round in Bridgeport.  ;) 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ChrisUND1 said:

NCHC officials just made one of the worst calls I’ve ever seen.  DU guy flops and they reward him with a 5 on WMUs best player. 
edit: DU scores one minute into the major. 4-2 DU

I thought the Chrona flop was embarrassing, but the last one where the DU guy ran into the Western guy (and then flopped) and drew a 5 takes the cake. What a joke. And that has single handedly ruined a good game because of the now 2 PPG on the major. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

NCHC officials just made one of the worst calls I’ve ever seen.  DU guy flops and they reward him with a 5 on WMUs best player. 

I agree it was an Oscar worthy flop which Denver and WMU are both know for.  Earlier in the game their was Oscar flopping by WMU.

1 minute ago, ChrisUND1 said:

He actually jumped toward the Western player to avoid his own player.  How can you review that and come up with that?  How many times are we discussing bizarre calls when it comes to Denver.  There was a head scratcher against Duluth last weekend.

• Upvote 1

Just now, SIOUXpucks said:

I thought the Chrona flop was embarrassing, but the last one where the DU guy ran into the Western guy (and then flopped) and drew a 5 takes the cake. What a joke. And that has single handedly ruined a good game because of the now 2 PPG on the major. 

DU is good enough this year.  They certainly don't need help from the refs/league.  But they get that regardless.

• Upvote 2

Just now, SIOUXpucks said:

Can’t believe it.  WMU coach and bench going to murder someone.  

17 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Saw that. Awful 5 minute penalty call. Such a joke.  Ridiculous.

• Upvote 1