SiouxSports.com Forum

Comprehensive List of Area Events

Cratter

Thanks Mother Nature for giving GF the big FU again!   I get it we live in a state with changeable weather but SERIOUSLY - 55 mph gusts on a hot sweaty day that was like living in a blast furnace?   In JUNE????  Yet we still got to have the privilege of the speedway races roaring insanity and destroying a nice northend evening Friday night with noise - great.  Let the locusts just hatch and descend to end it all... it will be a mercy killing.

• 3 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

your serious?

travis tritt in the COLUMBIA MALL PARKING LOT?

Three different locations.

Maybe trying to see what works best?

Does seem odd. But easy set up for vendors and the stages, schedule conflict?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

your serious?

The concert was originally scheduled for the greenway area where the Greenway Takeover Festival is held.  The facebook page states it was moved due to the river being high.  Which it doesn't seem to be too high where there would be any concern of the greenway being flooded.  But I'm sure the call had to be made by a certain date and the river was at a certain level so it had to move.

Now why they chose the Columbia mall?  Who knows, maybe parking?  Maybe noise ordinance issues?  I would've like to see them put it on north third st, similar to the Hairball show a few years back.  

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

The concert was originally scheduled for the greenway area where the Greenway Takeover Festival is held.  The facebook page states it was moved due to the river being high.  Which it doesn't seem to be too high where there would be any concern of the greenway being flooded.  But I'm sure the call had to be made by a certain date and the river was at a certain level so it had to move.

Now why they chose the Columbia mall?  Who knows, maybe parking?  Maybe noise ordinance issues?  I would've like to see them put it on north third st, similar to the Hairball show a few years back.  

yeah...wonder if 4th being closed too would be one too many downtown streets closed off...just think the mall parking lot is weird but hope it's a success

7 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

your serious?

So THAT'S why they blacktopped the pot-hole filled ringroad around the mall that was amazingly dangerous.  THANKS!  I guess - still no protection for actually going IN the mall and finding a pothole strewn wasteland of so few and so crappy stores still treading water to survive in that wasteland.   As trumpy would say....sad!

17 hours ago, Bison Dan said:

I wonder when gf will have one?

Don't you guys still have that giant FILTHY gross embarrassing MOUNTAIN OF SNOW FROM LAST WINTER (aka Mt. FARGO) melting on the edge of town somewhere?   THERE'S an attraction for you Magical Metro!

6 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

Don't you guys still have that giant FILTHY gross embarrassing MOUNTAIN OF SNOW FROM LAST WINTER (aka Mt. FARGO) melting on the edge of town somewhere?   THERE'S an attraction for you Magical Metro!

LOL - I live in GF county and it has a ton of Bison fans.  You keep trying to compare gf to Fargo.  Good luck.