SiouxSports.com Forum

Comprehensive List of Area Events

Cratter

Lets post some lesser known events. The concerts and sports get the headlines but there's is a lot of smaller events that go on throughout the region that are just as much fun. 

But they are harder to find. 

For example, today was the North Dakota Winter Show in Valley City. If you haven't been I'd recommend it. Still going on tomorrow I believe. It's free besides the main stage events which today was a rodeo and it was pretty much sold out. And it's Centrally located for almost the entire state.

Last summer I saw a bunch of snaps from some massive turkey feed apparently I was never privy too. Which apparently is pretty "popular."

32 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Last summer I saw a bunch of snaps from some massive turkey feed apparently I was never privy too. Which apparently is pretty "popular."

Found it. It's in Aneta, ND.

Gonna have to try and make it this summer.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

UND Wacipi/PowWow is this weekend!   It's a chance for all you people who hang on to the Sioux nickname/Sioux Jerseys like grim death to act like you give a sh*t about the (actual) history!!   It would give some validity to those hanging on to a nickname that has been officially retired.  Maybe there still is a chance?  Or you could just embrace the new nickname?   

It's easy to see - the hockey gods are confused by chanting for one team while another is on the ice.   Fortune favors the brave - not the stubborn - or the privileged.

There were 40 NHL draft picks among the 4 teams in the Frozen Four.  The 2 B10 TEAMS in the semi's had 27 picks combined and LOST!

Mn State Mankato has 1 - mark it here first they will win their first NC!  Not because they are an A list of great players or have a classic nickname - they just have IT - the intangible combination of goaltending and hot players at the right time like UND's 1990's NC teams!  

Congrats Purple Cows!  National Champs!

PS - Tickets for the Wacipi still available on Ticketmaster for true Sioux fans.

• Upvote 1

OK bad prediction - Congrats DU!  Another NCHC Champ but we're coming after #9 as soon as we get our Karma together - whenever that will be!

PS - forget to mention the PRIME STEEL CAR SHOW Is also this weekend at the Purp.   Major sponsor is RYDELL so ANOTHER reason to turn out BIGTIME for another HUGE GF BUSINESS that totally supports UN...oh wait...no they don't...wow.  I know several former UND players who bought their cars there.  SAD! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2022 at 11:25 PM, Cratter said:

As seen in another thread, Jerry Seinfield is going to be at the Chester Fritz.

Tickets are flying!   Only 35 or so on the main floor left mostly singles.   A lot in the balcony still available but it will be a sellout by September.  We've seen him twice here in GF.  He likes college towns and that's cool.   We payed $87.50 for floor tickets - more than worth it!

ALSO  Artfest is next weekend in University Park.   Used to be down by the river but the last couple years they've had it in U Park and it's been great with the big tree shade and the vendors.   Another great local event to support!

23 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Yup. Sat out there for three hours. Left at 130 even though they claimed they'd fly at 230.

Didn't have much confidence. 

And leaving early paid off.

Worst winds I'd seen. Blizzard like visibility.

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Yup. Sat out there for three hours. Left at 130 even though they claimed they'd fly at 230.

Didn't have much confidence. 

And leaving early paid off.

Worst winds I'd seen. Blizzard like visibility.

any pics of the blizzard?

13 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

any pics of the blizzard?

My snapchat story driving home. Lol

I crossed over Highway 2 from gravel where cars are going 70+ mph.

Three feet to see if it was clear or not.

I said a prayer and hit the gas to cross.

Screenshot_20220618-173051_Snapchat.jpg