SiouxSports.com Forum

Comprehensive List of Area Events

Cratter

13 hours ago, Cratter said:

The best indoor go kart track in North Dakota recently opened in Grand Forks. 

https://www.facebook.com/reel/595571186124386/?mibextid=rS40aB7S9Ucbxw6v

I can attest!  1/5 mile - 2 level track - electric karts - you race for time, not against other racers and build your speed through that but at the top adult level you're screeching tires around every turn.  Well done Northern Air!  This will be a hit - especially with winter coming on.  Hologate - their virtual reality games are crazy and intense also!  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, gfNDfan said:

I can attest!  1/5 mile - 2 level track - electric karts - you race for time, not against other racers and build your speed through that but at the top adult level you're screeching tires around every turn.  Well done Northern Air!  This will be a hit - especially with winter coming on.  Hologate - their virtual reality games are crazy and intense also!  

Yeah. This isn't just for kids. adults too. If not moreso geared towards.

These kind of things are popular in the south. They have weekly leagues like us northern do in the summer with softball.

I think I heard the one in gf is the largest indoor multilevel track in the midwest.

14 hours ago, Cratter said:

I had seen that too and was excited until I saw....its on Thursday for 2 hours.

Then like you said valley senior living. 

Not my demographic just yet.

Probably gonna trick a few youngsters!

It would be a real scene if about 1000 college kids showed up.

• Upvote 2

Just now, fightingsioux4life said:

I think the high river levels at the time are what ended it.

i thought too many rubber duckies were getting missed picked up and the crazies said a fish might choke or something?  kinda like balloon releases now....might kill a bird or a frog when it comes back down?

• 6 months later...

So did the Professional Bull Riding (PBR) at the Alerus get too big over the last few years and now they felt like they had to open the other side of the arena?

All the former years the entire audience (90%) sat looking straight on to the "main stage." Now virtually the entire audience has to look crank their head to see the "main stage."

This is usually how things go...get big...change to accomodate...then people stop going...wonder why no one comes anymore...

Screenshot_20240423_184409_Facebook.jpg

I'll save ya some time "Old man yells at clouds."

• Like 1

On 4/23/2024 at 6:51 PM, Cratter said:

So did the Professional Bull Riding (PBR) at the Alerus get too big over the last few years and now they felt like they had to open the other side of the arena?

Confirmed. 

It sold out last year.

I believe this is the biggest PBR event that comes to North Dakota and Minnesota.

As always, can't beat $15 nose bleed seats. (Save fees. buy at Alerus).

See ya there tomorrow.