SiouxSports.com Forum

Beavers @ UND -- SATURDAY GAMEDAY

cowboys5xsbs

18 hours ago, tnt said:

But I would bet for most of us it wasn’t 20/20 hindsight.  I said what are you doing when he shot it.  If you look at 3 on 3 in the NHL, many times the offensive player will even throw it back to his goaltender to keep possession of the puck.  I wish they would still have the 5x5 for 5 minutes, then go to 3x3.

I like the 3v3 actually…ends the game quick. We need to make better decisions on it though. We shouldn’t lose to BSU at 3v3…North Dakota should have the edge in the skill department and it shouldn’t be close. Underwhelming weekend but those are going to happen with this team. The most shocking thing to me was the poor PP and Sanderson not doing anything statistically 

Bemidji was one game away from the F4 last year and returned a lot of players.  Precedent in the program is win every game, but they started terribly both nights and found a way to win on the road and get it to OT after using their timeout within the first four shifts Saturday.

Some questionable decisions with the puck that lead directly to goals.  Clean it up and get some guys healthy and they'll be alright.  Good road test approaches, I'm looking forward to it. 

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Not sure on these lines, when did Senden become a top six player? Just because your the captain doesn’t mean you have become a scorer or a pp guy. 19-10-27 should be a shut down line. If defense is our strength we may be in trouble this season. They should simplify the power play we don’t have the horses this year.

Senden is probably just a placeholder on that line until Budy is healthy.  Who else could we temporarily put on that line at the moment?  Hain maybe?  Other than Schmaltz none of the freshman are ready for top 6 duty.  When Budy returns I imagine we'll see a third line of 10-27-19.    

15 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Senden is probably just a placeholder on that line until Budy is healthy.  Who else could we temporarily put on that line at the moment?  Hain maybe?  Other than Schmaltz none of the freshman are ready for top 6 duty.  When Budy returns I imagine we'll see a third line of 10-27-19.    

Berry basically alluded to this after the exhibition that Budy’s injury was a factor in putting Senden with Ford and Calder. Sounds like Budy is getting closer to a return. 

On 10/17/2021 at 12:39 AM, Wilbur said:

Not a fan of the immediate 3-3.  Seems like they are always screwing with overtime.

Non conference should always be a 5 minute OT and then shake hands IMHO.  

The more I thought about it, the more I like it. Love the 55/45 split. Maybe it says something about my personality, like the lower stakes. 

55 minutes ago, AJS said:

The more I thought about it, the more I like it. Love the 55/45 split. Maybe it says something about my personality, like the lower stakes. 

I can picture a scenario late in the season when someone is fighting it out in the pairwise with other teams and they are tied late in the third, that they may need to pull their goalie because 55% in overtime isn't going to cut it.  You either have to win in regulation or bust.  I also can see some teams being very conservative down the stretch just to get to overtime and that 55/45 split.  

• Upvote 1

I'm used to the team play the first 58 minutes of a game (and missing the last two). 

They missed the first two on Saturday. 

If you're going to learn a hard lesson, best in a month that ends in "r", and against a team that I believe will be in the tournament mix again. 

But I'm still not happy. 

And it doesn't get any easier. 

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'm used to the team play the first 58 minutes of a game (and missing the last two). 

They missed the first two on Saturday. 

If you're going to learn a hard lesson, best in a month that ends in "r", and against a team that I believe will be in the tournament mix again. 

But I'm still not happy. 

And it doesn't get any easier. 

I, for one, will withhold judgement on this team until after Christmas. I think they will figure it all out and be clicking on all cylinders come March. But we won't know that until later.