SiouxSports.com Forum

Release the HAK-en

stoneySIOUX

18 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

With a successful expansion draft and playing in a division where 5 of the other 7 teams in the Pacific division finished with a losing record, Seattle should have a good chance of being a pretty decent team next year.  Great spot for Hak to step into.  

Hopefully the expectation from the Seattle fans isn't to contend right away like Vegas did.  I think most teams learned their lesson in that expansion draft and aren't going to give them a bunch of draft picks not to take a certain player.  But Vegas did compete the first year by finding guys that fit a certain mold, then upped their game after that with all the picks they traded for more talent.    

27 minutes ago, YAWNSON said:

Hopefully Berry or Jackson don't leave to join him.

Guessing if offered, Dane Jackson would have a tough time turning it down since it is the Northwest close to British Columbia where he was from. 

• Upvote 1

Now ... which former UND guys are available in the expansion draft. I've heard some crazy whispers that names like Oshie or Toews might be made available. 

Oshie would make sense for SEA given his Washington state ties. 

2 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Lots of ... and with the first pick in the expansion draft... the Seattle Kraken select... Chris VandeVelde...

I'll have to admit, I laughed at that one :lol:

C'mon ... if he goes Moorhead it'll be Brian Lee. ;)  

• Like 1

Just now, stoneySIOUX said:

Lots of ... and with the first pick in the expansion draft... the Seattle Kraken select... Chris VandeVelde...

I'll have to admit, I laughed at that one :lol:

Saying Quinn and Tocchet were better hires when both were trash

Just now, The Sicatoka said:

Now ... which former UND guys are available in the expansion draft. I've heard some crazy whispers that names like Oshie or Toews might be made available. 

Caps are not happy with Kuznetsov. Seattle could say that we'll take Kuznetsov but give us Oshie

I submit Hak's time in TOR as an assistant was far better for his development as a professional coach than his time in PHI. 

Hak was a "college guy"  < scoffing sound > when he showed up to that PHI team full of veterans. 

Giving him a ground up team to build, and with what he's learned in TOR, is a much better situation. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Ryan Duncan is only a phone call away!

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

If one were to jump, Jackson would be my suspicion given he spent a cup of coffee with Vancouver (NHL). 

Remember they both were offered to go to Philly with him as well. I don't think Berry is going anywhere. Jax would be more likely but I think his family wants to stay in GF which is why he didn't go with Hak initially. 

• Upvote 1