SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2021-22

cberkas

6 minutes ago, bertibm said:

Lafontaine was not taunting their bench.   People are getting that from what Jim Rich said on TV in which he was wrong.   Only taunting was the Players to the drunk students in the Corner.  No fans at the game seen it happen.      What the Gopher players did was uncalled for.   Celebrate on the blueline where you were at, no need to move down into the corner.  

Certainly wouldn't be the first time that Jim Rich was wrong.  He takes being a homer to another level. 

17 minutes ago, tnt said:

Certainly wouldn't be the first time that Jim Rich was wrong.  He takes being a homer to another level. 

There could be a offsides and it sounds like he is screaming.  Maybe that is just a audio thing in that dump.  I have been to local rinks with better sound systems.  It is just horrible in there

I love the NCHC response. Sure they will handle disciplinary action within the conference. I can imagine what that discussion will sound like. "Tommy what the hell were you thinking?"

"Hey, I wanted to get to the bar and thought the gophers should win."

"Well.... Just don't let it happen again. Or at least don't be so obvious, OK?"

1 hour ago, bcblues said:

What did the fans do?

They trashed the ice.  They were hitting Gopher players and their own players with bottles, cans and trash.    It was bad.  It was a mini teddy bear toss but with bottles.   There was one guy digging under every seat looking for something to throw. Coach Larson went from screaming at the Ref's to screaming at the fans for doing it.

I don't like the Gophers like any non-Minnesota fan should. However, I absolutely love it that their players went towards the student section to celebrate and taunt. Why? Because students relentlessly jeer visiting teams, especially when a rival is visiting. This is college, STUDENT-athletes should be able to dish it back!

If anyone here has an issue with it, I don't recall people being overly upset when I believe it was Senden? taunting the crowd after UND won in Bemidji.

15 minutes ago, bertibm said:

SCSU fans like to throw things when there are handouts also.   Few years back they handed out battery op fans.  Well the students decided to remove the batteries and toss them on the ice during the intro's

UND had a problem with idiots throwing stuff on the ice years ago too.   Their answer was to take the bottle caps from the beverage when you bought it, so hopefully it wouldn't be full of liquid.  How about getting all of the eyes that you have around the arena for surveillance and find the idiots that did it.  That is probably the reason they don't do it anymore, is because they can just pick the people out who would try something like that.  

On 10/17/2021 at 9:13 AM, Godsmack said:

I’m no St. Cloud fan but I do believe in fair play. This has to be one of the worst non-calls ever in college hockey. I wonder if these were NCHC refs? I’m guessing they were given the game was played in St. Cloud. 

Not sure what Lafontaine did that Jim Rich said was "Taunting" I would imagine MN felt the 2 late penalties called against them were dives as well. Eric Vegoe tweeted them out, they looked pretty weak for a close game were they didn't call much prior. I think both teams had 1 PP up to that point.

On 10/17/2021 at 9:13 AM, Godsmack said:

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

This looks like a punch to the head to me. 

This was a minor (hook, trip, your choice). 

"What I can't figure out is how could this happen without North Dakota on the ice." -- (not) Don Lucia ... :D 

Is it me or do the Huskies players go down really easy? I am not saying this isn't a penalty, and I am not sure what Eric is taking issue with, because both should be called, but we also have a lot of embellishment going on the last couple of seasons. One could say the same thing about Minnesota players in the past as well. But I think the NCAA refs need to start calling this. 

10 hours ago, Goon said:

Is it me or do the Huskies players go down really easy? I am not saying this isn't a penalty, and I am not sure what Eric is taking issue with, because both should be called, but we also have a lot of embellishment going on the last couple of seasons. One could say the same thing about Minnesota players in the past as well. But I think the NCAA refs need to start calling this. 

Since when is a stick lift a trip?   Walker clearly lifts his stick and he goes down.

On 10/17/2021 at 9:40 AM, SiouxForever said:

Be interesting to see when Michigan gets their first lost. 

Potentially until mid-November against Notre Dame unless Western Michigan pulls off something special next week. 

Could go all the way to December until they play Minnesota. 

I expect we'll get at least one win against them, but have a strong feeling we may sweep.  They have a ton of talent, and might be looking ahead of "little" Western Michigan. 

That Saturday Lawson crowd is going to be nuts. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, ubish said:

I expect we'll get at least one win against them, but have a strong feeling we may sweep.  They have a ton of talent, and might be looking ahead of "little" Western Michigan. 

That Saturday Lawson crowd is going to be nuts. 

Hope you're right.  Take it to them!

46 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Well ... dang.
Missed that news.
Andy was my favorite post-Gwoz.  :(

I guess WMU is screwed now. :D 

This is the type of game where we'll miss Andy for sure.  I do expect our team to open things up a little more than in previous seasons.  I think you'll see more goals, and more creativity offensively.  Hopefully that also means more wins.  I'm tired of all of the other NCHC teams having fun in the tournament while we stay at home at #16 or 17 in the pairwise.