SiouxSports.com Forum

Post pod series #5-Denver......for the 5th....and 6th time.......

Wilbur

1 hour ago, tnt said:

Two years ago people were complaining because we weren’t getting to the hard areas to score goals, and now we want to bench someone for doing that.  It isn’t like the Mismash major. Bench guys for the lazy stick penalties, not for getting to the net.  Yes, he has to be careful, but you can’t tell someone to tiptoe around the net.

Hain goes to the hard areas.  I like his game tonight but goalies like chrona are gonna dive and embelish to get the penalty.  DU Coach should skate Chrona and Brink for being ballerinas not hockey players.

30 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

That being ... 

Frankly I’m waiting for BS’s* take. 

*BusinessSiouxt that is. 

My take? Listening to you guys makes

me think that we don’t take stupid penalties. I must be mistaken, one minute we do, the next we’re angels being punished by the one sided refs. BS is right...

7 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

My take on the hit on Scheel? A slew foot cheap shot deserving of a 3 game suspension. But that wasn’t the topic at the time I responded. 

Well, how about that, after ripping UND players to no end you didn’t feel the need to post on a hit that deserves a 3 game suspension until after you were called out on it.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

Maybe I wasn’t staring at my phone. Maybe I have a life outside this board?

And the reality is that if the refs and coaches don’t manage the play, the players will. And then someone gets hurt and everybody wonders why. That’s why Pionk and Wolfe were my least favorite players, nobody managed them and play has been degraded.

Again, we showed we are a dominant team 5 on 5, no matter who we play. Once we stopped taking penalties in the third period, Denver didn't get a sniff. Scheel is an absolute star right now and I hope he's back in tomorrow. Regardless of the opinions on the calls, we need to figure out a way to stay out of the box. Too many good PPs in our league and in the country to keep giving up 6 power plays. We have to fix it. PK has been wonderful, but we're playing with fire.

Loved Juddy tonight. Becoming an absolute horse. Pinto is the best player in the NCHC and showed it again, tonight.

Lastly, goodness, Jake Sanderson is incredible. Felt a lot more offensively minded tonight and I loved seeing that. If he stays one more year and I have a hunch he will, he's gonna have a massive point-producing season. That play where he went coast-to-coast just before Jasper's goal, beating at least three guys through neutral into the zone and then ringing a wicked-quick-released wrister off the pipe made me laugh out loud. May be the best pure player I've seen as a freshy since Toews. So skilled. So smart. 

Great win. HUGE help from Miami and Western tonight. Step on DU's throat tomorrow and make them have to win three games in a row on our ice to make the tourney. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Again, we showed we are a dominant team 5 on 5, no matter who we play. Once we stopped taking penalties in the third period, Denver didn't get a sniff. Scheel is an absolute star right now and I hope he's back in tomorrow. Regardless of the opinions on the calls, we need to figure out a way to stay out of the box. Too many good PPs in our league and in the country to keep giving up 6 power plays. We have to fix it. PK has been wonderful, but we're playing with fire.

Loved Juddy tonight. Becoming an absolute horse. Pinto is the best player in the NCHC and showed it again, tonight.

Lastly, goodness, Jake Sanderson is incredible. Felt a lot more offensively minded tonight and I loved seeing that. If he stays one more year and I have a hunch he will, he's gonna have a massive point-producing season. That play where he went coast-to-coast just before Jasper's goal, beating at least three guys through neutral into the zone and then ringing a wicked-quick-released wrister off the pipe made me laugh out loud. May be the best pure player I've seen as a freshy since Toews. So skilled. So smart. 

Great win. HUGE help from Miami and Western tonight. Step on DU's throat tomorrow and make them have to win three games in a row on our ice to make the tourney. 

I hope Sanderson stays for another year but I don't think he will. He's NHL ready.