SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruits - 2004/05 Updates

jk

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumor from PA and DUBAY earlier today was that Phil Kessel, yes, has in some way shape or form committed to UND.  Anyone else here any info on this matter???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ZParise! How many times must I tell you!!!!! It's down to three! Two Midwest and one east team:

Michigan Tech, Wayne State, and Robert Morris! :silly:

Sheesh!

Rumor from PA and DUBAY earlier today was that Phil Kessel, yes, has in some way shape or form committed to UND.  Anyone else here any info on this matter???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would have to say that is not ture because UND is not even on the radar for Kessel or has he probably been on the radar. I would say that they are fishing for UND fans.

I would have to say that is not ture because UND is not even on the radar for Kessel or has he probably been on the radar. I would say that they are fishing for UND fans.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed, notice that this post was number #1 for sontec2. Doesn't someone around here have a "Skippy alert" or something?

That said, if it were true, the 2005-2006 class would be the greatest freshman class in history...

Kozek has taken over #2 overall in the BCHL scoring race from Duncan with 2 assists yesterday.

Watkins has moved up to #8 overall in the scoring race with a goal and 2 assists yesterday.

Duncan and Kozek are 1 and 2 overall in goals scored and Watkins is about 8th. Great finish by Watkins who steadily moved up through the year and is finishing the regular season strong, as are both Duncan and Kozek. Good signs.

I can see a Kessel - Moreland - Marto Line in the Future & it will be the Highest scoring line in College Hockey ...Ever (I know Marto is a Defenseman ) but he could play any position - I wouldn't doubt even Goalie ;)

Or maybe even a Marto - Moreland - MacIntyre a all ND line is going to fill the Ralph to standing room only

To me the Future Looks Bright :silly:

Don't be so sure :silly:

& if it doesn't happen - it will be too Bad ??? cause it could have :silly:

Kessel might be a stretch - But if he wants to play & be able to score ? ? ? &/or be on a winning team / real contender in the future ? ? ?

The other 3 ....I will be Mad as heck if they are not here (or should I say if they go to another WCHA school) ;)

I've seen Marto play enough now to say he is a all around Great Athlete who is finally getting the Serious Looks he deserves & what a shame if he goes to another school ;)

Looks like me and a couple of buddies are going to head down to the cities this weekend for some hockey. My buddies are Moorhead high alum and we're all pulling for Lee, Vandevelde, and the rest of the Spuds to finally bring a title back home with them. Should be some great hockey. Probably going to try and catch a Warroad game to, and take another look at Oshie. Hopefully the next time I post anything in the future recruits thread, it will include some point totals for Lee and Vandy in the championship game, and some congrats on a state championship. Good Luck at state Spuds!!!! And of course.....GO SIOUX!!! :silly:

The Forum today had an article about the Spuds hockey program. It mentioned that Scheels is already displaying Moorhead state champion merchandise (which they won't sell unless the Spuds win it). I know its common for merchandise to be made beforehand, but I couldn't believe that Scheels was displaying it before the tournament has even started.

The Scheels All Sports store in Moorhead offers more than 50 different pieces of Spuds apparel, many catering specifically to hockey. Included are state championship hats, T-shirts and sweatshirts that are already on display and will become available when the store opens on March 6 should Moorhead win the first hockey title in school history the night of March 5 at Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul. Licensed Clothing Manager Justin Diemert said Coaches Choice of Fargo would work late into the night to print apparel "like it's the Super Bowl."

"It's mostly to show the community we're paying attention," Diemert said of the decision to display state championship gear for a team that's 0-5 in state title games. "They're doing great. Nobody wants to jinx them."

Has narrowed his decision between Minnesota and Wiscsonsin, his decision will come in the next two days.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't like either team but I hope he goes to Wisky, otherwise the Goofs are going to be a dominant team next year that will be a National championship favorite from the get go. He will be a impact player immediately.

That article on moorhead also included something Sioux fans will laugh at, check this out.

the Spuds averaged 1,347 fans per home game this winter. Though that figure is still well below the actual average paid attendance -- Hulbert estimated 90 percent of season-ticket holders were regulars at boys hockey games -- it was more than the NCAA Division I North Dakota State University men's and women's basketball teams until Saturday's doubleheader against South Dakota State.