SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to TAKE OUT/TAKE DELIVERY in GF

gfNDfan

Since we can't go out to games, dinner or pretty much anywhere else right now - time to step up and support your favorite GF eateries in this difficult time.   

I noted in a different thread GROUND ROUND hit a walk-off homerun hiring Gam Wong from Shangri-La (recently released from Shotgun Sally's) to cook Chinese in addition to GR's great menu.   Monday was his first day and he knocked it out of the park himself selling out QUICK!  (pre-orders for a simple meal started at 3 - sold out before I logged on to order at 3:20) Great to have Gam back in the game!   GR's facebook says he'll be cooking a special Monday-Wednesdays every week.

Ely's Ivy in another great place downtown in the old Sanders space.   They're offering pickup and delivery from an online menu - including family meals.   

BRILLIANT! - a TO-GO Sunday brunch you order on Saturday and pickup Sunday morning.  Last week it was a full size quiche (this one was Bacon, Spinach and Feta) and a quart of fruit salad.  Made a great Sunday brunch AND Monday lunch for my wife and I.    Owner Scott Franz used to cook at the Country Club before opening Ely's.

Elys.jpg

Happy to see Thai Hot 3 on DeMers listed on a couple local delivery service websites.   These guys have been hammered by the downtown road reconstruction project last summer and now this.   If you've never been there it's a small restaurant with a Thai name but TONS of EXCELLENT SUSHI!   The sushi menu is almost too much but just bear with it.  Sushi experts can find exactly what they want and for novices - go for one of the Chef's rolls.  (Firecracker roll was amazing tonight!)  Also traditional Thai and Japanese noodle dishes and a lot of surprises.

We ordered apps, sushi and entrees through BiteSquad tonight and the food arrived hot, fresh and AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS!  Definitely worth a shot if you haven't tried it!

8 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

Happy to see Thai Hot 3 on DeMers listed on a couple local delivery service websites.   These guys have been hammered by the downtown road reconstruction project last summer and now this.   If you've never been there it's a small restaurant with a Thai name but TONS of EXCELLENT SUSHI!   The sushi menu is almost too much but just bear with it.  Sushi experts can find exactly what they want and for novices - go for one of the Chef's rolls.  (Firecracker roll was amazing tonight!)  Also traditional Thai and Japanese noodle dishes and a lot of surprises.

We ordered apps, sushi and entrees through BiteSquad tonight and the food arrived hot, fresh and AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS!  Definitely worth a shot if you haven't tried it!

Went there before a hockey game a couple months ago.  Incredible food.

• 3 weeks later...

I really think it is important to support local restaurants during the Great Distancing.  Ground Round, Toasted Frog, Speedway, and several Pizza Places have had outstanding service.  However, I went to The Red Pepper drive through on 42nd today and it was brutal.  It was a little before 4 so not at rush hour.  There were three vehicles ahead of me so I thought it could take a little time - was I right. It was over 20 minutes before the first car, which was already at the window got served.  We then pulled up a notch and were at the ordering microphone.  We waited there almost 10 minutes with no contact and finally left as I had to be somewhere.  Went to McDs on Gateway and drove back past the Pepper.  The same car that was in front of me was still there - I'm sure it would have taken over 45 minutes if I had waited.  Very disappointed.  If they want business they need to have staff.  My best guess is that they had only 1 worker.  Haven't been this disappointed since they changed buns and said the new ones were "even better than the old ones".  

16 minutes ago, Irish said:

I really think it is important to support local restaurants during the Great Distancing.  Ground Round, Toasted Frog, Speedway, and several Pizza Places have had outstanding service.  However, I went to The Red Pepper drive through on 42nd today and it was brutal.  It was a little before 4 so not at rush hour.  There were three vehicles ahead of me so I thought it could take a little time - was I right. It was over 20 minutes before the first car, which was already at the window got served.  We then pulled up a notch and were at the ordering microphone.  We waited there almost 10 minutes with no contact and finally left as I had to be somewhere.  Went to McDs on Gateway and drove back past the Pepper.  The same car that was in front of me was still there - I'm sure it would have taken over 45 minutes if I had waited.  Very disappointed.  If they want business they need to have staff.  My best guess is that they had only 1 worker.  Haven't been this disappointed since they changed buns and said the new ones were "even better than the old ones".  

Tellmans gonna Tellman.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, siouxczech29 said:

I just looked them up. So, are they showing the half off prices or do they give a discount at checkout?

It’s full price for the kit then the shipping is half off when you select which one you want. So it’s about 80 for a kit instead of 120. 

4 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Is the Cay doing takeout?!?!? Everyone please support the Parrots Cay and Speedway! I don’t know what I would do without some shark wings and a speedway burger during my visits to Grand Forks!

Yes, Parrot's Cay is doing takeout.

9 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Is the Cay doing takeout?!?!? Everyone please support the Parrots Cay and Speedway! I don’t know what I would do without some shark wings and a speedway burger during my visits to Grand Forks!

You can always order some gift cards and do your part also. ;)