SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

41 minutes ago, Hammersmith said:

Incorrect. 99.2% of Italy's deaths came from people with ONE or more pre-existing condition. IIRC, the split was about 25% had one condition, 25% had two, and 50% had three or more.

BTW, the pre-existing conditions included high blood pressure and diabetes. By this metric, 40-50% of adult Americans would fall into one of these categories.

Sorry......I was way off. :silly:

And the average death age in Italy "from Corona" is mid 80s.   

***News Flash***

If you are old and sick you're gonna die.

33 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

No, because we don't have the tests. 

Unfortunately we aren't in one of the countries that got ahead of this with aggressive testing.

Not everyone one needs a test.

Did you miss that memo?

A current 70 year old Lieutenant Governor:

I dont pretend to be speaking for everyone 70 plus....But I think there are a lot of grandparents who would agree with me that I want my grandchildren to live in the America I did....I want them to have a shot at the American dream. But right now with this virus, which all the experts say that 98% of all people will survive... is killing our country in another way. It could bring about a total economic collapse and potentially a collapse of our society...So I say let's give this a few more days or weeks. But after that let's go back to work and go back to living. Those who want to shelter in place can still do so. But we cant live with this uncertainty.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Thankfully he doesn’t run our country. Or any country for that matter.

Again, what’s the solution?  You think XYZ Bank is gonna sit around forever waiting on Joe Citizen to mail in a 16 months overdue car or house payment check while we sort thru this?

• Upvote 1

Just now, MafiaMan said:

Again, what’s the solution?  You think XYZ Bank is gonna sit around forever waiting on Joe Citizen to mail in a 16 months overdue car or house payment check while we sort thru this?

I don’t know all the answers but I think human life supercedes some financial struggles.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Redneksioux said:

I don’t know all the answers but I think human life supercedes some financial struggles.

I’ll give my Credit Union a call tomorrow and go with that one...I’ll post their answer here tomorrow night at 6 pm.

• Upvote 2

K.......let's do the math out loud. 

44000 confirmed cases as of now. Let's say another 6000 are positive but their testing hasn't been processed or finalized.

We have 50000 in this country that are "confirmed" infected....check those boxes.

50% roughly are infected but won't get confirmation because their symptoms were minimal or asymptomatic......50000 more.

So we "know" there are at minimum 100000 infected..........and we have 550-600 deaths.

15 minutes ago, Hammersmith said:

Doesn't change the fact you posted false information.

But...

***News Flash***

The US death rate will stay nice and low right up the point we run out of room in our health care system. If/when that happens, the death rate will start to climb like Italy's. So the goal is to prevent that from happening by flattening the curve. Can't understand why you don't get that or choose to add anything worthwhile to this thread. I would appreciate knowing, though,  which clinic you work at so I or family never accidentally go there for treatment(COVID or otherwise).

Hey where did this go???

BTW I make house calls......

• Upvote 1

Congress needs to start doing things that help 

what the left wants to jamb in here has nothing to do with fixing the financial problem, in fact it may make it worse, more regulations

34 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I’ll give my Credit Union a call tomorrow and go with that one...I’ll post their answer here tomorrow night at 6 pm.

Sure thing. None of us know where this is going to take us past the next thirty days. I’ve heard that most mortgage companies are willing to defer a payment thirty days. 

8 minutes ago, Kab said:

Congress needs to start doing things that help 

what the left wants to jamb in here has nothing to do with fixing the financial problem, in fact it may make it worse, more regulations

What’s the rush on the $1200 checks? Only 25% of the country has been kept home. If you are unemployed they are still taking unemployment applications. I don’t think you can really blame one side over the other here.

11 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Sure thing. None of us know where this is going to take us past the next thirty days. I’ve heard that most mortgage companies are willing to defer a payment thirty days. 

30 days?  Oh, ok then, cool.  What about the 6-12 months that we’re supposed to be isolating?  You know, before the 2nd, 3rd, 17th, and eleventy billionth waves of this virus?

38 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

30 days?  Oh, ok then, cool.  What about the 6-12 months that we’re supposed to be isolating?  You know, before the 2nd, 3rd, 17th, and eleventy billionth waves of this virus?

Where you come up with 6-12 months? Trumps 15 day plan is almost over!

Edit...

if this goes 6 plus months I’ll share with you some of my hoarded tp supply mafia;)

9 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

If being set back a month financially was going to turn u crazy....you were already crazy, weren’t you?

Since finances aren't an issue, I'm curious if you are sheltering in place the next month to help save lives?