SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

10 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

How would you suggest we deal with this now?

As is......then as the President plans to reevaluate after the 15 days and go from there.

Regardless of what you think.......when this shakes out in the end the death rate is what will matter.

99% of Italy's deaths were over 50 years of age WITH at least three pre-existing health conditions. (Dr. Deborah Birx)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, brianvf said:

I wonder if the hospitals would be as overwhelmed if the media hadn't blown this up?  We'll never know.

That's a good point. Everyone suddenly has a cough and fever is running to the hospital to try and get a Corona test done.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Cratter said:

That's a good point. Everyone suddenly has a cough and fever is running to the hospital to try and get a Corona test done.

Most hospitals and clinics where I live are not letting people in the door without a full screening. In spite of that, beds are filling fast and there are no ventilators available for new patients.

5 minutes ago, mikejm said:

Most hospitals and clinics where I live are not letting people in the door without a full screening. In spite of that, beds are filling fast and there are no ventilators available for new patients.

The problem with health care in the country is hospitals are pretty much near capacity already in the winter.

That's why the focus right now needs to be on ramping up beds and all the equipment needed.

When we have an over abundance of ventilators (new companies say they are building them), ppe, and the national guard builds "temp hospital beds"....can we finally start to reopen the country?

11 minutes ago, Cratter said:

When does Walmart and Target rope off everything but groceries?

It’s been 6-8 weeks of chaos.  I stopped in at Target today and they’re out of toilet paper, mac n cheese, and pregnancy tests...

35 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Incorrect. How many do we not have results back on yet?

Some? Lots? How many are/were infected in this state that are/were asymptomatic or minimal symptoms that won't get a test, got better/getting better but are not in the checked box as "another case"? Do you remember the percentage?

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

Some? Lots? How many are/were infected in this state that are/were asymptomatic or minimal symptoms that won't get a test, got better/getting better but are not in the checked box as "another case"? Do you remember the percentage?

No, because we don't have the tests. 

Unfortunately we aren't in one of the countries that got ahead of this with aggressive testing.

6 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

No, because we don't have the tests. 

Unfortunately we aren't in one of the countries that got ahead of this with aggressive testing.

Are you proposing 600,000 tests for every man, woman, and child in the state?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Are you proposing 600,000 tests for every man, woman, and child in the state?

At this point, no. If I understand correctly every test is taking PPE away from where it is needed in hospitals in order to save lives and save our healthcare workers. 

At some point in order to beat this thing though, we will need much more aggressive testing.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

As is......then as the President plans to reevaluate after the 15 days and go from there.

Regardless of what you think.......when this shakes out in the end the death rate is what will matter.

99% of Italy's deaths were over 50 years of age WITH at least three pre-existing health conditions. (Dr. Deborah Birx)

Incorrect. 99.2% of Italy's deaths came from people with ONE or more pre-existing condition. IIRC, the split was about 25% had one condition, 25% had two, and 50% had three or more.

BTW, the pre-existing conditions included high blood pressure and diabetes. By this metric, 40-50% of adult Americans would fall into one of these categories.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

At this point, no. If I understand correctly every test is taking PPE away from where it is needed in hospitals in order to save lives and save our healthcare workers. 

At some point in order to beat this thing though, we will need much more aggressive testing.

So in the meantime, huddle up for the next 4-6 months and wait for the government checks to start rolling in?  

Can you imagine the uproar in this country over mandated tests???  We were xenophobic for shutting down travel to China.  It would’ve been a circus.  Our society of freedom loving people would never have tolerated that.  Right or Left.  

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Cratter said:

The problem with health care in the country is hospitals are pretty much near capacity already in the winter.

That's why the focus right now needs to be on ramping up beds and all the equipment needed.

It is a whole lot faster and cheaper to keep people out of hospitals than it is to add beds and equipment. That's why it is so vital to stop (or, more accurately, slow) the spread of this damn virus. It is going to be painful, but from everything I've heard from my friends and family in healthcare, that's the answer.