SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

4 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I was honestly asking, I don't know how it works for hospitilization.  Take your TDS. 

understood. that's why I recommend you.  you would present no vetting issues re:  prior knowledge.  An empty vessel to be filled, as it were.

2 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Right now we know how many died with coronavirus.

We wont know how many died from coronavirus til much later.

Epidemiology isnt in the 'how' business. Thats what medical doctors do.  Epidemiology is about the mechanics of disease spread and how best to mitigate the spread.

2 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Well they have came out and admitted they are guessing some of them died from Coronavirus.

Is that your smoking gun? No sources to describe what they meant, no evidence to suggest the impact of your claim drastically changes the status quo. How do you suggest we account for the thousands of deaths above the monthly norm? If you do not trust the number given by medical professionals and vetted by our government, what "number" do you believe is more realistic and why?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Right now we know how many died with coronavirus.

We wont know how many died from coronavirus til much later.

Do you think there's a magical way to go back and dissect bodies in the mass graves to determine a different primary cause of death? 
https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/04/10/831875297/burials-on-new-york-island-are-not-new-but-are-increasing-during-pandemic

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

Does everyone who gets it end up in the hospital once diagnosed?  I honestly don't know....

On 4/14/2020 at 11:56 PM, keikla said:

Deaths are only 9 per 100,000 but hospitalizations are 132 per 100,000.  Things have plateaued, but most hospitals are still barely hanging on and running at a census much higher than normal and an ICU census significantly higher than normal.  So while the risk of death doesn't seem huge in that population, giving everyone under 45 a free pass to do as they please could still very easily overwhelm the healthcare system.

For the sake of sanity, restrictions will likely loosen, but it needs to happen very very slowly.  It's not like hospitals can handle much of a spike right now.

On 4/15/2020 at 1:59 AM, dynato said:

The larger threat is obviously not the younger generation dying. The threat is the younger age brackets transmitting the virus to the vulnerable population that don't have great odds of survival.

Below are the current odds in NYC, from the starting point of identifying a positive case, as of April 14th 2020:

image.png.a78dee39fb0667b0a4daa842fdafc85b.png
https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/covid-19-data.page#download

That is 1 in 25 for ages 45-64.1 in 9 for ages 65-74, and 1 in 4 for ages 75+. Not very good odds right now.

Here is the recent information you are looking for @UND1983

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Must be on the downside. 

Walmarts shelves are full of toilet paper and disinfectant wipes!

After you finish wiping your arse with disinfectant and cleaning your kitchen counters with toilet paper, could you respond to Dynato's questions?

56 minutes ago, wasmania said:

I used to much science in my explanation - I said the the early models are missing dimensions  and I gave an example of the lack of knowledge in early models about the impact of asymptomatic people spreading the virus that caused the  less dense areas to be over forecast, I said that the modelers are modeling chaos, that they are objective but wrong. that they improve as the data improves but  a true post mortem takes a long time - how many different F$%cking ways do you need it told to you. 

Ah ha they are not objective.

4 hours ago, Cratter said:

Didn't mention anything about driving.

If alcohol sales are banned we can save lives from coronavirus.

We need every to be in top immune shape. This means no booze during the outbreak.

Man that one went over your head.

I’ll level with you though. Problem is the immunocompromised generally aren’t the ones drinking.

2 minutes ago, wasmania said:

where is the lack of objectivity. do you know what objectivity means in science?

The physician. For the LA Rams uses a different model than the IHME because the IHME is at least 5x more erratic.   your mensa score regressed again.

Just now, wasmania said:

After you finish wiping your arse with disinfectant and cleaning your kitchen counters with toilet paper, could you respond to Dynato's questions?

Careful on the aggression. I just want to have a conversation and comments like that take away from the chance of having a good one. We are all trying to figure this out and learn from one another

• Like 1

Just now, dynato said:

Careful on the aggression. I just want to have a conversation and comments like that take away from the chance of having a good one. We are all trying to figure this out and learn from one another

hereby shamed.  but the idea of 'having a good conversation' on the internet is a bit idealistic these days.  How long can you stand having your facts, data and ideas completely ignored, and continue to believe you were actually having a conversation? Longer than me obviously, good on you.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, wasmania said:

hereby shamed.  but the idea of 'having a good conversation' on the internet is a bit idealistic these days.  How long can you stand having your facts, data and ideas completely ignored, and continue to believe you were actually having a conversation? Longer than me obviously, good on you.

This thread is for conversations and arguments. Each are entertaining in their own right. Some of us have nothing better to do haha. I'm not trying to force people into thinking a certain way, but I am trying to be thought provoking. And others are being just as thought provoking, so I'm definitely not being ignored. 

Most of the people here are a part of this community in some way. It is easy to forget that there is a person behind every comment. Just like it is forget that all the deaths we are talking about are real people dying. 

Trollwood cancels stage performances for this summer as well. 

Guess those 3 kids that unfortunately passed away from COVID in a city of 9M have set that bar for the rest of the kids in this country for the summer.

Color me shocked that these models, methodologies and projections were never criticized, let alone discussed, as they pertain to the flu and H1N1.......back when these viruses were used as talking points to nullify the seriousness of coronavirus.  Flu/H1N1 were taken at face value.  

They’re all calculated by somewhat similar methods.   Funny that.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Saw a group of 10 kids aged 12 year olds or so playing baseball today at the local diamond.

Luckily for them they weren't in East Grand Forks. Otherwise them boys could have gotten $1000 fines.

Gov. Whitmer is currently on the phone with their parents telling them that activity in ND will kill lives in MI........and to put away the Confederate flags and stop painting their decks.