SiouxSports.com Forum

Spring Ball 2020

Nodak78

2 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Does anyone know where/how to donate directly to the next phase of the HP facility? I’ve skimmed pretty much everywhere and can’t find a place to do that specifically. 

Here you go - this is obviously an old message but the contribution site is correct....

UND High Performance Center

A game-changer

Future additions to the UND Athletics High Performance Center will include spectator seating, coaches offices and locker rooms for UND football and track & field, a state-of-the-art strength and conditioning area, a student-athlete academic center, and sports medicine space for all UND Athletics teams. The facility will also serve the greater Grand Forks community by offering a host site for youth athletics camps and college and youth track and field meets.

Workers completed the installation of the eight-lane, 300-meter Mondo track surface prior to the grand opening, which was the final component of Phase One of the High Performance Center. Installation of a full-length football field, video and scoreboard, tradition displays, and other Phase One amenities were completed in early 2015.

“I don’t think I can overstate how important the High Performance Center will be for the continuing development of our athletics teams,” said former athletic director Brian Faison. “It has taken a tremendous partnership with alumni and friends to get this project completed. And now our fans will have the chance to see it up close and personal.”

Click https://www.ndchampionsclub.com/und-athletics-high-performance-center to support the UND High Performance Center.

• Upvote 2

On 3/11/2020 at 2:15 PM, Mama Sue said:

Saw on FB (for what it is worth) that UND May close after spring break due to the corona virus. Will this affect spring ball and/or S & C?

Student classes are going forward using the internet and not being in the classroom, maybe some exemptions.
Doesn't look good for Spring Ball.

• Upvote 1

On 3/11/2020 at 2:15 PM, Mama Sue said:

Saw on FB (for what it is worth) that UND May close after spring break due to the corona virus. Will this affect spring ball and/or S & C?

Non-essential employees (including myself) will be working remotely for the next two weeks. The message from Interim President Wynne:

Social distancing continues to be the most effective way to limit the spread of coronavirus. In light of the increasing pace of known cases throughout the country, the University of North Dakota is directing all non-essential employees who can work remotely to work with their supervisors do so effective Noon Monday, March 16 through Saturday, April 4. Employees should report to work Monday, March 16 as usual to discuss work plans with your supervisor, how to track time and gather necessary files and belongings. 

All benefitted and non-benefitted individuals, who are approved to work from home,  will continue to be paid as normal during this time. For those working remotely, you need to account for your work and time. The Office of Human Resources and Payroll Services will be sending out a separate email with instructions on how to track your work. The Vice President for Research will also be sending out an email regarding research activities. Non-essential employees, who are not able to work remotely, are considered to be on-call and/or ready to report to work as necessary. 

Students in need of services are expected to call rather than visit in person. University residence halls and Wilkerson Commons dining services will remain open to assist students who remain on campus. University Childcare Learning Center will remain open until further notice. While the University remains open, with employees working remotely, buildings will have limited access. Employees will still be able to enter their buildings with electronic and key access. The Wellness Center, American Indian Center, Hyslop and Chester Fritz Library buildings will be closed with staff working remotely.

The health and well-being of our community is of the utmost importance. This is a fluid situation, and the University will continue to monitor and communicate changes. 

I feel like I am in a movie.

• Upvote 1

Certainly not the year we want spring ball to be cut short, when we have three freshman battling for the starting spot.  However, thankfully we are able to start spring ball earlier than we were before due to the indoor practice facility so the true freshman did at least get some reps.  It will be interesting to see what they do, I'm sure some teams hadn't even started practice yet.  Will they maybe be able to have early summer practices, or just add more practices on to fall practice so that all schools get the same amount of practice days? 

23 hours ago, Hawks_Win_Again said:

My glaring lack of complete sentence structure, punctuation or parentheses is shameful.  

My apologies Sioux....Imperfections of audio text .....     Go Hawks !!

It's all good...I was just having a little fun, the boards have been so quiet lately.   I certainly don't don't follow all proper grammar rules when posting on here either.  Definitely meant more in fun, than trying to be grammar police.  :) 

On 3/25/2020 at 3:35 PM, Hawks_Win_Again said:

My glaring lack of complete sentence structure, punctuation or parentheses is shameful.  

My apologies Sioux....Imperfections of audio text .....     Go Hawks !!

Maybe not a mistake if referring to bowel movements. 

• Upvote 1