SiouxSports.com Forum

Alabama-Huntsville @ UND -- Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

9 minutes ago, tnt said:

Taking the bad penalties seemed to call out a lack of respect for the competition.  I was hoping we were past that after Canisius last year, but hopefully it is one more reminder for the guys lest we end up the number one overall seed and play a team that nobody thinks can win.  St. Cloud knows that feeling times two, and I’m sure those games are harder to get over than if you lost to a top ten team.  The What ifs certainly must be prevalent in those players and fan base.  Oh, and can we quit calling players busts if they are slow starting out their careers.  How many people wanted to start over fresh with all new players this year, getting rid of guys that are playing nice roles now.  How good have guys like Adams and Bowen been this year, as well as Wilkie from Colorado College.

Have people been calling UND players busts around here this year?

2 minutes ago, burd said:

Have people been calling UND players busts around here this year?

No, but that is the point.  Players take major leaps even after two years of not being very productive.  Guys like Adams and Wilkie are all of a sudden the studs of their teams, and guys like Bowen have upped their role player status by chipping in more offensively.  What would our roster look like this year if we would have replaced Bowen or other upperclassmen with more freshmen. Guys like Pinto who produce from the start and are responsible on both ends are rare.  

I think the rust showed and hopefully the lesson was learned.  Karl and Dane both mentioned compete level in their between period interviews.  Mismash post game with TH sounded like a kid that lost to be honest.  

The 2016 Natty team scored a total of 5 goals against Bama in a similar position.  Missing two key guys and going against a team playing their Stanley Cup weekend.

The players all know that's not the standard here.  They were sloppy and won.  Now go win 7-1 and get ready for Omaha next weekend.  

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, tnt said:

No, but that is the point.  Players take major leaps even after two years of not being very productive.  Guys like Adams and Wilkie are all of a sudden the studs of their teams, and guys like Bowen have upped their role player status by chipping in more offensively.  What would our roster look like this year if we would have replaced Bowen or other upperclassmen with more freshmen. Guys like Pinto who produce from the start and are responsible on both ends are rare.  

Understood.

Who was the chubby D-bag official with the orange arm band? Anyone know?

After his horrible call on the Mismash cross-check Mismash expressed his disapproval, whacked his stick on the glass in the box then this Bozo official went into box and let go a F bomb laced verbal assault on Mismash. Completely unprofessional.

Just when you thought Todd Anderson was the big jack*** to wear stripes...........

54 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Who was the chubby D-bag official with the orange arm band? Anyone know?

After his horrible call on the Mismash cross-check Mismash expressed his disapproval, whacked his stick on the glass in the box then this Bozo official went into box and let go a F bomb laced verbal assault on Mismash. Completely unprofessional.

Just when you thought Todd Anderson was the big jack*** to wear stripes...........

Wasn’t that @Goon ?

7 hours ago, burd said:

Mismash.

It's always been clear he has a lot of skill, but it took a while for that to start paying off, as it did with Kawaguchi.    But he's really coming on this year.   Seeing that slow bloom and the manner in which he takes penalties, it makes me wonder if he is just maybe doesn't have a lot of on-ice intelligence.   Pure speculation on my part and probably not very responsible speculation at that. 

He is very skilled but makes some dumb plays, like the cross check he made last night. Reminds me of Luke Johnson - gets frustrated and ends up in the box.

11 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

Nice to see Mismash score, JK continue his run and stay hot as well as Adams continue his play. 

Hopefully, Hain scores tomorrow. Would love to see him start getting a few goals and get that trend going. 

Anyone in attendance, how’d you asses Bast’s play against a college hockey team again? 

I thought they protected him a bit as far as ice time and situations and he still didn't look comfortable.  He'll get it back, just might take a couple of games.