SiouxSports.com Forum

Cal Poly gdt

UNDBIZ

It was a gritty W. True freshmen along with RS freshmen and sophomores played on the DL in the 2nd half. CP scored 9 points in the half. Yes they shot themselves in the foot at times, but give credit to the young guys.

Also credit to Schmidt. I watched as their 310 C pounded our undersized NG (Though Beach impressed me with his play when he took on the big guy) and then Schmidt moved the NG off the C or had him slant away from the big guy. It worked pretty well.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Just watched replay of GW TD play again....where have those play calls been all season? That was brilliant.

I think those are the types of plays Freund has in the playbook, but as another poster mentioned (and I agree), Bubba puts the handcuffs on at times.

When in the last 5 years have you seen playcalling that well in a half of football for this team?

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I think those are the types of plays Freund has in the playbook, but as another poster mentioned (and I agree), Bubba puts the handcuffs on at times.

When in the last 5 years have you seen playcalling that well in a half of football for this team?

My opinion is that there are plays in the play book you keep and don't use, and wait for the perfect situation and that was it.  If we ran that play every week, he wouldn't have been that wide open.  Danny had another great call similar to that on a big 3rd or 4th and one a few games ago.......guy was wide open for about a ten yard pickup.  Honestly this is what I like to see, you keep a couple plays in your playbook and you wait for that time when you absolutely must convert, and this was it.  Awesome job Danny! 

11 hours ago, Cratter said:

There's only 25 teams that average more people per game than UND.

Cal Poly isn't one of them.

And at full capacity UND can't catch Montana or Montana State.

So UND is 26th in attendance in the FCS? Well, I guess all work is done then. UND has fulfilled all expectations ...

This is sarcasm, by the way. UND has potential to be top 15, easily. Just have to win games and put on a show at home with actual effort towards game presentation by UND and Alerus. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I believe Danny makes the calls. Unless there is a timeout, the OC and QB make the play calls during the game based on what they have seen on film and what our staff thinks is most likely to work based on game plan. Most of HC input occurs during the week of preparation. During game OC, Line coach, RB coach QB coach, if different than OC, are communicating with players and each other and OC calls plays considering that input. HC listens in and may comment but There isn’t time for HC to debate OC calls and seldom does HC make the calls  At halftime, coaches discuss and make adjustments. HC oversees those discussions and gives input and direction.  This is the same at most teams above HS level. 

5 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

That 4th down play really was a great play.  Boltmann being such a stud....coming across in motion definitely drew a lot of attention.  Kett did get some pressure on him on that throw, more than I recalled watching it Live.  As much as he drives us crazy, thank god he didn't overthrow that one.  Playoff hopes alive for another week! 

• Upvote 1