SiouxSports.com Forum

Bye, Bye Bochenski

SIOUXPR

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, I have a full-time job. It doesn't involve sports or Sioux hockey. I write for USCHO on a strictly volunteer basis. I don't receive a dime for it. This means that Sioux hockey is neither my life, my job nor a top priority. I don't pretend to compete with people who have full-time jobs covering sports. There's no way that I can know what they know because I simply don't have the time to devote to the subject that they do.

You may not intend to, but you're a helluva lot better tha Sid and even Virg. :lol:

I'll agree too, PCM never said he signed...just that he heard (from albeit a credible source) that he was close to signing...

WDAZ reported tonite that he still hasn't signed and will '' make his decision by late August."

You would think that he would have to make his decision by August 24th when fall semester starts. If he doesn't go to class or enroll, he would be academically ineligible anyway.

So that gives us around a week and a half for both Bochenski and Vanek to make up their minds.

You would think that he would have to make his decision by August 24th when fall semester starts. If he doesn't go to class or enroll, he would be academically ineligible anyway.

So that gives us around a week and a half for both Bochenski and Vanek to make up their minds.

That's news to me, Vanek taking classes in Grand Forks?

Word has it, there is no room for Bochenski anymore. Even if he doesn't sign with the Senators. He has been pissing in both UND and Ottawa pools and both teams are sick of crap. He looks to be going to Europe, unless he can find an independent minor team to pick him up.

Word has it, there is no room for Bochenski anymore.  Even if he doesn't sign with the Senators.  He has been pissing in both UND and Ottawa pools and both teams are sick of crap.  He looks to be going to Europe, unless he can find an independent minor team to pick him up.

That sounds alot like a rumor I heard about a certain Gopher player. :p:ohmy:

Word has it, there is no room for Bochenski anymore. Even if he doesn't sign with the Senators. He has been pissing in both UND and Ottawa pools and both teams are sick of crap. He looks to be going to Europe, unless he can find an independent minor team to pick him up.

Yeah, I cannot imagine that UND would want that chump back! :p All-American candidate, Hobey Baker candidate, likely sixth member of the 200-point club, goal-scoring guru, offensive leader, team leader (if he plays like he did in St. Cloud and many other times last year). Why, oh why, would UND want him back?

It certainly would be an inauspicious start to Hakstol's UND head coaching career if he told BB there wasn't room at the inn simply because he tried to sign a professional contract. . . . I don't believe for a second that DH would do such a thing.

Good luck to Bochenski and thanks for the contributions over the last three years.

People need to remember the player's perspective in a decision like this. These guys dream of advancing in their hockey career, and when you think the time has come to move on, you need to go. Especially for a guy who played a year of juniors after high school, three years in college is plenty. In addition, the summer after a junior season has traditionally been the last time a college player has leverage, since he can threaten to go back to school if the organization doesn't come up with a better offer.

I wish Bochenski would come back to be a 100/100 man in the Sioux record books and perhaps win the Hobey, but if he and the Senators feel it's time to go play against bigger and better players, then I wish him well.

As for the Sioux, this makes things more difficult. But it's not the end of the world. Stafford is plenty ready to step into the top line on the right side, and a lot of special teams time just opened up for him and others. If the entire defensive corps returns, this team will still be very hard for nearly everyone to handle. A ".500" record won't be much of a concern. However, a defection from that group (and the risk is still there) would really start to have an effect on next year's chances, IMO.

Just a reminder that, recently, teams have lost their best players (especially forwards) and gone on to have fantastic seasons. Among them: Michigan won after the Morrison group left. UND won after the Blake group left. BC won after the Farkas/Mottau group left. MN won after Pohl/Taffe/Leopold left.

It would sure be nice if more people that actually "know" the game and the politics like this member could reply!! Tired of hearing from a reliable unnamed source....... Whatever Bo decides we should wish him well as he would his fellow teammates! PS. Bo was rookie of the year his first year, scoring how many goals and assists WITHOUT Parise!!! GO SIOUX!!!!

The Sioux got a new coach and a lot of young new talent.  Brady might struggle at first but he'll start clicking with his new linemates. We won't dominate the WCHA this year but we will compete.

The Sioux have one of the most experienced teams they have EVER had this year. They WILL dominate the WCHA, with or without Bo. Not that I'm ripping on your post, but the talent and depth of this team is great.

As for the rumor of Bo being unwelcome, no one has indicated anything like that, except in this thread. I kind of doubt it.

The Sioux will not dominate the WCHA this year without Bochenski. It would be a big assumption to expect Massen, Canady etc. to pick up the scoring slack when they did nothing last year.The team will have to use defense as its strength because there will be few proven scorers. Bochenski adds a proven scoring element to the team that no other player can duplicate. Without Bochenski I highly doubt the Sioux will be picked to win the WCHA.

The Sioux will not dominate the WCHA this year without Bochenski. It would be a big assumption to expect Massen, Canady etc. to pick up the scoring slack when they did nothing last year.The team will have to use defense as its strength because there will be few proven scorers. Bochenski adds a proven scoring element to the team that no other player can duplicate. Without Bochenski I highly doubt the Sioux will be picked to win the WCHA.

I agree. I think if Money returns, this will be "his team". ZParise is gone so the spotlight and hype is off the team, and we return some strong depth upfront. However, he's the center piece of the team, and if he leaves early, it's going to struggle at times, unless the younger guys like Stafford, Murray, Genoway and Porter really step it up in a hurry.

Losing Brandon will hurt but if you look at the stats for last year, taking out what both Zach and Brandon scored the Sioux still outscored their opponents 142 to 90. There are plenty of very good players left without them. They just don't get the attention they would/should.

Losing Brandon will hurt but if you look at the stats for last year, taking out what both Zach and Brandon scored the Sioux still outscored their opponents 142 to 90. There are plenty of very good players left without them. They just don't get the attention they would/should.

Exactly. Murray & Stafford were fantastic freshmen, and should be ready to step into bigger roles, now.

As I have discussed in another thread, the "experience factor" will be huge. Even if Bo is gone and only one of Massen/Canady crack the lineup, the ratio on a 1.0 - 4.0 scale will be at least 2.5. That compares to 2.3 last season and 1.9 in 2000-01.

Those of you who would discount this coming season because of one player do not give nearly enough credit to the players we have returning. They are going to win a whole bunch of games this season, especially with the great freshmen we have coming.

Of course, I could be wrong. But I doubt it. Experience is the biggest factor in college hockey.