SiouxSports.com Forum

Bye, Bye Bochenski

SIOUXPR

There's nothing about Bochenski being signed on NHL.com, either. However, if I remember correctly, it took a day or two for the Devils to issue word officially that they'd signed Parise.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sens Home

They are pretty up to date on their website, and have no mention of signing Bochenski, in fact they signed a RW yesterday.

I'm not saying it hasn't happened, just that it's not official. That is pretty lame if this holds true that Lincoln releases the press release before UND. I don't know why it bother me, it just does. That and BB's whole, I'm gone if I get what I want, if not I'll go back to UND, I'll decide in mid-August. I know most people on here disagree, but his attitude lacks some class IMHO.

You're absolutely right, Jason.

I think you are being a little rough on BB. He is four years removed from high school and no doubt wants to earn some money and advance his game.

It seems hypocritical for programs like the Sioux and Gophers to ask/force players to go to juniors for a season after high school and then complain about players leaving early. All but the 5-6 programs who have this problem, would love to have this problem.

I think you are being a little rough on BB.  He is four years removed from high school and no doubt wants to earn some money and advance his game.

It seems hypocritical for programs like the Sioux and Gophers to ask/force players to go to juniors for a season after high school and then complain about players leaving early.  All but the 5-6 programs who have this problem, would love to have this problem.

Sagard, I agree with you.

There is nothing wrong with what Brandon is doing. He is obviously ready to move on from UND and he has the opportunity to play at a higher level and earn money to do it. Bochenski played his heart out for UND these past 3 years, and instead of criticizing the decision that is his to make, we should thank him and wish him luck.

The Sicatoka - Rumors abound. Taylor is allegedly close to signing with the NYR & Atherton is apparently taking a year off due to a family situation. Remember, the latter tidbit comes from Charlie Walters....aka Sid Lite....and the former comes from message board rumors.

I hate to quote myself...but it came up earlier.

From The Minister of Disinformation's (Sid) column this morning:

Jottings

Jake Taylor, a freshman defenseman on the Gophers men's hockey team last season, is leaving the university to sign a contract with the New York Rangers. A graduate of Rochester Lourdes, he played two years with Green Bay of the United States Hockey League before enrolling at Minnesota. Taylor, who turns 21 Sunday, recorded two goals and six assists in 39 games for the Gophers last season.

Looks like he's NYR bound.

I think you are being a little rough on BB. He is four years removed from high school and no doubt wants to earn some money and advance his game.

It seems hypocritical for programs like the Sioux and Gophers to ask/force players to go to juniors for a season after high school and then complain about players leaving early. All but the 5-6 programs who have this problem, would love to have this problem.

I agree

I just learned that the Lincoln Stars news release was premature. Bochenski has not made a decision yet about signing with the Senators.

So there still is a 1,000 to 1 chance of him coming back?

BB has not sighned yet! Lincoln will soon release a new statement saying they jumped the gun! BB has had to work very hard to get where he is. I would think us Sioux fans would support what ever is best for BB!! No one complained about Parise's short stay at UND! I think we should wish BB the best either way! He is a fine young man and a very talented hockey player!!!

I find it interesting that people want Bochenski to stay for the selfish reason of getting to see him play more, but think he is selfish for leaving. If someone I knew was offered the big bucks, I'd say take the money and run. You never know what could happen in a year, and I think the University made just as much if not more off his skills than he did from the University with his scholarship money.

I find it interesting that people want Bochenski to stay for the selfish reason of getting to see him play more, but think he is selfish for leaving. If someone I knew was offered the big bucks, I'd say take the money and run. You never know what could happen in a year, and I think the University made just as much if not more off his skills than he did from the University with his scholarship money.

I for one think that, though it is bad, I never said that Bucks shouldn't go. He's a LOW draft pick! What makes any of you think, regardless of performance, that the money he is being offered now will be there next year? He could risk coming back and then find out that he's offered less, or traded to another team who decides not to sign him. It's possible. Look at the Minnesota North Stars/Dallas Stars for the past 20 years (or so) on HockeyDB.com and count how many players Minnesota drafted beyond the 5th round that made the NHL with that team. I'm even curious to know how many in that category made it to the NHL period. The answer is not many even made it to the AHL. If Bucks gets the money, despite my PERSONAL preferences, I think he should jump.

I for one think that, though it is bad, I never said that Bucks shouldn't go. He's a LOW draft pick! What makes any of you think, regardless of performance, that the money he is being offered now will be there next year? He could risk coming back and then find out that he's offered less, or traded to another team who decides not to sign him. It's possible. Look at the Minnesota North Stars/Dallas Stars for the past 20 years (or so) on HockeyDB.com and count how many players Minnesota drafted beyond the 5th round that made the NHL with that team. I'm even curious to know how many in that category made it to the NHL period. The answer is not many even made it to the AHL. If Bucks gets the money, despite my PERSONAL preferences, I think he should jump.

So those of us who want him to stay should pray that Ottawa is too cheap to get him to jump?!? :)

For anyone who cares Brandon's Bio on Hockey's Future.com was updated on the 27th. It now says "Bochenski will be joining the Binghamton Senators of the AHL next year after leaving the University of North Dakota a year early... The talent is there, but Bochenski will need to work on his skating and his all-round game, and probably will require at least one full season in the AHL, if not two. "

Here's the link for anyone who wants to read the entier bio and future analysis:

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect.php?pid=3447

In my opinion, the Sioux have been spoiled with talent, but have been too deep! Many will say that you can never be too deep with talent, but look at the teams that have won the NCAA and NHL titles in the past 10 years. I like the underdogs, and I must say that many underdogs have won in every sport in the last 10 years of sports across the board (football, hockey, baseball...who cares.....and basketball...again, who cares).....but, the point I am making is, Brandon scored goals....Zach changed the face of UND hockey.....Karl stopped practically everything.....they're gone.....Sioux move on!

Guys like Massen, Murray, Stafford, Jones, Marvin, Bina, Canady, Genoway....the list goes on......they'll become better players as a result of these losses. Plus, they'll get the playing time they deserve to prove their worth! As mentioned on this thread, Denver was as qualified to win the title as Minnesota half-way through the season, but they did it. I think we should all just wait it out and have patience and trust that our team will give us another good season!

I hope Brandon has a good career at the next level, and that he has another Zach to feed him well. I think he will be a shining star with the right line!

Hopper, your quote on the goalie thread.

"I would keep all 4 goalies....simply because this is the point of all discussion...and has been for several years. All pro teams have a practice squad and a rotating roster. I believe, on a team like the Sioux, they need that extra man to push the others over the top."

So... competition is good for goalies but not the rest of the team? Isn't depth good everywhere?

For anyone who cares Brandon's Bio on Hockey's Future.com was updated on the 27th. It now says "Bochenski will be joining the Binghamton Senators of the AHL next year after leaving the University of North Dakota a year early... The talent is there, but Bochenski will need to work on his skating and his all-round game, and probably will require at least one full season in the AHL, if not two. "

Here's the link for anyone who wants to read the entier bio and future analysis:

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect.php?pid=3447

Now thats a sign that says he's gone, hopefully he can develop fast so it doesnt take him 2 seasons in the AHL. Lets hope he doesnt turn into a Travis Roche and be a lifer in the AHL

A spot has now been opened up for a Forward with the club....be it a player from the AHL or a player from the WCHA.....

I wouldn't read anything into that. Radek Bonk was actually traded to Montreal over a month ago (at the NHL draft, as a matter of fact). And besides, he's a center.