SiouxSports.com Forum

Bye, Bye Bochenski

SIOUXPR

I highly doubt Ballard will ever drop the gloves in the NHL. He will not be able to be a cheap shot artist in the NHL like he was in college or he will get his face smashed in. He is the type of player who will take shots behind the play but will not stand up like a man.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I highly doubt Ballard will ever drop the gloves in the NHL. He will not be able to be a cheap shot artist in the NHL like he was in college or he will get his face smashed in. He is the type of player who will take shots behind the play but will not stand up like a man.

Yeah, but Jason Blake is doing OK in the NHL and Ballard will likely do well eventually as well.

Yeah Ballard and Blake are pretty similar in the behind the play agitate kind of stuff. I did not see all the gophs games this year, so I don't know if Taylor can fight or not, but with the crap he pulls, he will have to. I think he obviously has the size and potential to be a rugged nhl blueliner.

Since school is soon starting at least at UND, I think the U starts later. Both players are really leaving their coaches and teammates hanging IMO. If you are going to go, then go but don't put your teammates and coaches in a bad position. If Bochenski does leave it will be too late to replace him and the team will be short a forward. Same for Vanek.

Has anyone heard of any freshmen coming in for 2005-2006 season? we're going to be losing 10 seniors after this season..thats going to hurt if there aren't many new prospects.

Recruits have been discussed at length in recruiting threads, although all the HS stuff lately has most of it buried.

Seven recruits are listed so far for 2005

Read through this thread for the recruitment progression since last Oct. Most recruits have verballed but, for the most part, are too young to have signed LOI's.

Since school is soon starting at least at UND, I think the U starts later. Both players are really leaving their coaches and teammates hanging IMO. If you are going to go, then go but don't put your teammates and coaches in a bad position. If Bochenski does leave it will be too late to replace him and the team will be short a forward. Same for Vanek.

Yes, but to me these two have earned that right with their past performance (I'll grant it to Vanek, you can judge BB). Both teams are stocked deeply at forward and I don't think either coach expects them to return.

Yes, but to me these two have earned that right with their past performance (I'll grant it to Vanek, you can judge BB). Both teams are stocked deeply at forward and I don't think either coach expects them to return.

I agree, Sagard. I don't think either of these will leave their teams "hanging". It's my belief that both coaches knew quite well what could transpire with these players over the summer, and they are prepared regardless of the final decisions each player makes.

:lol: Bochenski might not be leaving as reported. I heard from a

reliable source that he is leaving only if the price is right. They

offered him 300.000.00 but he was looking at a millon, thats

a big spread.

He won't get the million dollars. He will threaten to go back to school until the very last moment then will end up taking the 300,000... or whatever he was offered.

PCM had a direct quote that said it was very likely that Bochenski would sign. He listed his source and it's probably still very likely that it will happen, it's just taking longer than anyone thought it would.

Who knows, maybe we'll have to put him back into our "potential line combinations." :lol:

:lol: Bochenski might not be leaving as reported. I heard from a

reliable source that he is leaving only if the price is right. They

offered him 300.000.00 but he was looking at a millon, thats

a big spread.

There is no way that you can know the info you are "sharing"! Interesting that you do not mention your reliable source. Negotiations are kept confidential to anyone except the player, his family, family advisor and the person doing the negotiating from the team holding his rights. Once the terms are agreed on then the fans will hear!

We have many good players coming in '05.

Players that have at least given a verbal for that year are:

Taylor Chorney-Playing at Shattuck this coming year

Ryan Duncan-Graduated from Shattuck. Playing for Salmon Arm this year.

Brad Miller-Graduated from Shattuck. Playing for Green Bay this year.

Brian Lee-Senior to be at Moorhead High

Chris Vandevelde-Senior to be at Moorhead

T.J. Oshie-Senior to be at Warroad

Zach Jones-National Team Developmental Program Standout defenseman.

I probably forgot one or two.

We also sound like we could get Jonathan Toews, who is the best '88 born player in North America. We might have a rough year in '05 but nothing to be concerned about really.