SiouxSports.com Forum

Bye, Bye Bochenski

SIOUXPR

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I cannot imagine that UND would want that chump back! :p All-American candidate, Hobey Baker candidate, likely sixth member of the 200-point club, goal-scoring guru, offensive leader, team leader (if he plays like he did in St. Cloud and many other times last year). Why, oh why, would UND want him back?

It certainly would be an inauspicious start to Hakstol's UND head coaching career if he told BB there wasn't room at the inn simply because he tried to sign a professional contract. . . . I don't believe for a second that DH would do such a thing.

I don't think it would be a matter of UND being "Hak'ed-Off" because Bo might sign a pro contract. Maybe Bochenski hasn't handled the situation well with the coaches at UND. I don't know, I'm only reading what Bacardio posted.

Bacardio, to my recollection, has not had a history of coming on here and posting wacko stuff. The scenario he paints is plausible. I for one will see what comes of what he says before dismissing it out of hand.

The Sioux will not dominate the WCHA this year without Bochenski. It would be a big assumption to expect Massen, Canady etc. to pick up the scoring slack when they did nothing last year.The team will have to use defense as its strength because there will be few proven scorers. Bochenski adds a proven scoring element to the team that no other player can duplicate. Without Bochenski I highly doubt the Sioux will be picked to win the WCHA.

I don't think the Sioux will dominate the WCHA this year with or without BB. They will still be my pick to win the WCHA, but I don't expect to see the outrageous goal differential they put up last season.

I echo Dagies thoughts on Bacardio, no way would he make this stuff up. It may not turn out this way, but it certainly might.

Bacardio, to my recollection, has not had a history of coming on here and posting wacko stuff. The scenario he paints is plausible. I for one will see what comes of what he says before dismissing it out of hand.

maybe he is being tainted from hangning with the POI skating crew too much! :ohmy:

:p:0:D:p

Sorry bud...just couldn't resist!

WPoS

I have been unable to check up on this and do not have time at the moment to dig through this thread. Has Bochenski actually left yet?

Nope.

I think Bucks will be welcome back, but then again I don't know what's going on behind the scenes. And like dagies said, bacardio doesn't come on here and post useless crap he makes up (like he was Sid or Shooter). Of course, WPoS brings up a good point with the POI crew....they're bad for you :p

You're Dave Hakstol. It's August 18.

Do you want your team focused on:

(a.) pre-season conditioning

(b.) thinking about the personal effort each will have to make to repeat as WCHA Champions

(c.) thinking about what other goals, beyond the WCHA, they may have this season, or

(d.) worrying about whether or not Ottawa ponies up a few more loonies and two-nies for Bochenski.

Personally, I'd pick:

(e.) a, b, and c.

There was talk on the radio this morning that Bochenski may have lost his scholarship money.  The true indicator will be if he is enrolled in classes next week.  I think probably not.

(but I'd gladly be proven wrong) :p

I am sorry but on its face this doesn't appear to be a very smart move. Its just not cool. Next question why wouldn't our coach want Buck's back. I would if I was the the coach, ALL HE DOES IS Score, ala Chris Carter, although I doubt he is a cancer like Carter was. It wouldn't take a genius to know that Bucks isnt gone, show where he has been signed by the Sens. Who is UND coach going to replace Bucks with? I doubt they can go up to Canada and sign a player as good as him. This could the first fatal mistake of Hack's career.

It's looking more & more like it really is "Bye, bye." Perhaps it will help the rest of the team to focus if they know that coach Hak is not going to put up with any selfishness, if that is indeed the case.

Tell me how that is selfish to entertain offers and decide maybe you don't want to go or its not what your looking for? People do it in the real world every day.

The team will better off if Bochenski comes back then if they snub him to make a point.

I can conjecture as well as the next guy.

Blais told PCM that Bo was "likely to sign next week". Bo may have communicated as much to the coaches. Or more. He may have told them he was "gone". Blais could have used the "likely" just to soften the quote a touch. Who knows?

So, what if Bo communicated to the coaches that he was gone, see ya?

They could commit that money to other players.

Then, what if Bo called back a few weeks later and said "um, I'm thinking I may be back?". What could Hak say? He couldn't take the money back from other players, could he?

Is there also a chance that Bo may not have kept his academics in place to maintain his scholarship? Again, I don't know, but it is plausible.

I have no clue what happened. I'm reading these posts and looking for a reason just like everyone else. But most are taking the point of view that somehow Hakstol is using poor judgement here. But we have no idea what the circumstances behind all this are. So I'm looking for a way that Hakstol may have been put into a bad position by the player, instead of the other way around.

I mean, in Hakstol's first year as the head coach, do you not think he'd do what he could to keep a Hobey candidate on the team if he could?

Come on.

I agree with both of you. Before you have coached a single game is not yet time to "prove a point". Hopefully that doesn't turn out to be the case.

Lets hope that is not the case. The point being said, Bucks can help this team win a WCHA and hopefully an NCAA title. I would have to think that Bocheski could also be a favorite to win the Hobey too.